Horton's 5 stages of Winter

Horton

• Administrators

1. SHOCK & DENIAL

The Season is over and I still suck. I can't believe that I did not run more balls this year.

2. ANGER

I quit. I am never skiing again. I hate all of you. Especially MS.

3.BARGAINING

Does anyone have a beer? What if I skied really hard next year? What do I have to do to be a real 55k skier? Help me Dawg!

4. DEPRESSION

I don’t have any friends that are not skiers. No even my ski friends will talk about skiing this time of year. I really suck.

5. ACCEPTANCE

Started the diet, got on the stationary bike, thinking about next year.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
John - I think your problems are societal and not psychological.  You need to get out of the (water ski) house and expand your interests.  You'll be a happier and more well-rounded individual.  Take up golf or tennis or any other outdoor activity that can replace the time you used to spend skiing.  I have done that with mountain biking.  Some of my biking partners are skiers, some are not.  But we all enjoy each other's company.  We are not competitive racers - just "trail riders".  You must NOT always equate activity w/ accomplishment.  There is no need to compete in everything you do.  Just enjoy the activity for its social aspects and health benefits - nothing more.

Try living in the Tundra (southern canadian)and looking at Ice and snow all winter.

I took Nov off and start my 09 workouts tonight. Core strength is my goal for next summer. I was out with lower back problem in June and early July. It will not happen again.

You have lots of options out there in Waco land Calie to keep your mind off skiing. Snow skiing, dry suit skiing, biking, babes, rock climing, babes, beer, babes. Just take a drive to LA and have a look at all that plastic for a day. Now compare taht with the tundra and you are loaded with options. All I can do is play hockey, Ice fish, dog sled and look at chicks in coats and sweaters.

Organize a B O S down hill ski trip to Taho. Babes, snow, hot tubs, beer, powder and lots of stories. You are the SGR, come up with somthing.

OK.....this will really depress you all..........it is not even friggin' winter yet. Not till December 21 (or close to that). Actually Washington has had the best Fall I have ever seen........the irony is that the good weather started the day I ruptured my achilles.  So for now I am working on......well.....walking.  And when I am resting from that activity......I throw up as I turn on CNBC and see the DOW down another 700pts........Happy Holidays......try not to get trampled racing into Walmart for the sweet deals on TV's.

• Baller

I look on Dec 22nd as a good point. The days start getting longer again, we are heading in the right direction.

On second thoughts there is still 4 months to go.........sigh.............Cry

cheers

Ali

• Baller

By the end of October I am ready for the offseason. I am pretty shot after sinking the slalom course for the winter, pulling the docks and lift out, and winterizing and detailing the boat. I like to give the body a rest, watch some STEELERS football, catch up on my movie watching, get back in the gym, work extra hours at work( I make most of my money that time of year), detail and get the boat ready for next season. The off season goes by so fast because of everything I have to get done. November through April go by pretty quick. One thing that helps is going to the Pittsburgh and Cleveland Boat Shows, Cleveland Auto show. I do all the stuff that I don't have time to do during the summer. I hope to go to ski school for slalom and tricks in November 2010.

• Baller
Horton, try doing what you did in college. Study (code for playing on the computer and hanging out with your girlfriend) all of the time and build new water skis out of exotic materials. I remember you spending a lot of time attempting to get your car back.