Swiss Pro Slalom - Sunday, May 5th, 2024

Click Here for the webcast

Gifted - made me late to work

Horton

What a great DVD!  I truly enjoyed the skier interviews talking about how each got their start skiing, etc.  Freddy's interview where he talks about having to win in order to stay in skiing was a good insight into his drive and success.  Willy's interview was also good. 

Support these Films guys - well worth the $30!  

• Administrators

I watched Gifted again last night. Brad has some killer footage. I love all the jump stuff.

Towards the end  of the movie, there is and interview with Freddy that totally cracks me up. I do not really know Freddy, he was a freshman at NLU, my last semester. In the interview he talks about being a total unknown and simply planning to be a Pro Jumper. I remember sitting around with two or three other guys who were all Open Rated jumpers and hearing Freddy tell us that he was going pro. We were like who is this guy?  

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

Got my copy today - Thanks Tadd!

Similar to Slash Slalom in that it has a more "artistic" approach.

This video has some superior features to other wateski videos...HD, multiple camera angles, athlete interviews, creative editing, etc.  It's the total package.

I liked that this video was more 3-event than just slalom...though trick is featured the least.

I also liked the fact that there are some new faces (Asher, Susi, Fitts, etc.)...I like the usual suspects (MB, JB, Seth, Terry, etc.), but we get to see extended footage of Karina for the first time, and she doesn't disappoint.

My favorite segment was the 'Extra Gifts'...that trick skier (Alexi Z.) was killing it!  Makes me think about trying to pick up a trick ski myself.

Interview content is fresh...though I think the audio could have been bumped a little.

Soundtrack IMHO is good...though it will be relative to everyone's personal preferences.

My biggest critique is that the editing often cuts away too quickly, and you don't get to savor what an athlete is doing - e.g. Karina is shown making 4 or 5 pre-turns and you barely see her make it to the buoy.