Free O’Brien Elite. You pick up. May have stains.

Horton

• Administrators

I just got off the phone with Kim McLain. She has a 67” O’Brien Elite that she will give to anyone who will come to the house and pick it up. The ski is almost new. It has been used to run only a dozen or so 39 off passes.

The ski may have some odd stains on it. Kim tells me that she found her husband, naked in the garage caressing the ski and whispering to it about his dreams of 43 off.  

Horton

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
You got that right, wife and kids now sleep in garage, elite is in bed next to big daddy, you better get one soon.  In the words of MS it rocks.  But seriously, next year I am voting the elite the new ballofspray intergalactic ruler, horton can be the new biden.  Emergency mode is sick, sick, sick,  on time mode is wide early and super sick sick sick.  Pick up the phone and call JTH and just get one.  It makes me want to ski 36mph again.

• Baller

I have received many excited phone calls from the Dawg over the past few days. Good to see there is still some life in the old boy. My ski comes in on Friday. We only have a car port, so Lynda and the kids say they aren't concerned about getting kicked out of the house. I could put an AC in the shop building though...  On second thought I should probably be nice as she is my only driver. Love ya babe!

sj

• Baller
Dawg, this is great news. Now that I have been gently persuaded to become an alternative brands skier I'm glad to hear you got something working. I'll be getting one from Horton a soon as all my parts are functioning normally again. Until then I'll work it back into shape on the Fischer I Iifted from Darwin's shack. No concerns about a place to sleep. Every time I build a new bike momma sticks me in the garage. Had A/C in there for years. Marc A.

• Baller

Update.

Ski came in Friday... AC being installed in shop tomorrow. Not for wife and kids though. Just bunk beds for me and the 65.5". We don't have the same kind of "relationship" that Dawg and his 67 do, but I think this might be the beginning of a long and fruitful relationship!

sj

• Baller

lkb,

Will do. I only have 6 sets on it so far but I am really impressed. Going to ride it in a tourney this weekend and see how it goes. I am going to have a lot of comments about it, but I want to ride it more before I start going on about it.

I will say this. At 6'1" and 175 I was concerned about getting the 65.5" even though CP was the one recommending it. So far I would have to say that even though I am borderline it feels extremely good. I have "detuned" it a bit with my fin setting and am very pleased at the moment. I am going to ride skidawg's 67" for a set this weekend to be sure.

sj

• Baller

Well, I rode the 65.5" on Saturday. Then me and a guy who bought a 67" swapped skis for Sunday. Both of us are 6'1" and slightly less than 175lbs.

I wound up driving home with the 67" in the back of the 'burban. I have frequently tried out different skis at tournaments, but the full on swap is a first even for me!

sj