Another way to measure a fin

h2oski

After constantly struggling with trying to consistently measure DFT, I have designed a tool that provides a way to measure the "Full DFT" on a ski and do accurately.

In addition, the tool allows you to measure depth without disturbing the wing. The "Full DFT" measurement will be longer than measurements currently used. If you are just making a DFT adjustment it shouldn't matter, If your sharing specs, it should be simple to figure the conversion for your ski. Connelly has the Full DFT measurement for the Prophecy on their website. With the EZ Fin Tool, you can check all three fin measurements in about a minute. For anyone attending the Western Regionals at Laku, I'm a member and will be there all week, look me up and give it a try. I will have a few with me to sell if anyone is interested. Price will be $40.

Attached are some pics.

Terry Bandel

• Baller

My homemade gizmo looks like that without the DFT extension.   Of course, mine isn't as pretty as I cut the wing hole in the AL with a hacksaw.   I don't clamp mine down since I tend to adjust the fin settings while the tool is laying loosely on the fin.

I have great news for everyone using the Ezfintool.  Many of you have said how much easier it is to get consistant DFT readings with the Ezfintool,

but you really wished that there was an easier way to convert the full DFT readings to the flat measurements which everyone seems to use.  I have posted a update on my website, ezfintool.com that explains in detail how you can use the Ezfintool and get the flat measurements instead of the full DFT readings.  Once you have everything setup for your ski, its still the fastest, most simple and consistant way to measure your fin. 

Terry Bandel

ezfintool.com