how tight do you cinch up rs-1 boots

derry

• Administrators
Hard to exactly explain but not very much. My test is that I can simply pull the ski off at the end of a set. If you have to mess with the laces to get out they are way to tight

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators

Scot,

I think that is silly unless you are on a Goode (Yea I know you are). Just pull the laces down till just snug. Do not take the stretch out of the elastic. Everyone thinks that tighter is better but that does not really apply to these bindings.

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

I wear mine tighter than it sounds like Horton does, but I do make sure there is some elasticity left as that is how the release works. While I "COULD" take them off without loosening the laces, I don't since I want the laces to last. I watched Chris Rossi put his on at our May record tournament at Okeeheelee and he wears them pretty tight, but with some stretch left (that is the important point to remember, the release RELIES ON SOME ELASTICITY REMAINING IN THE LACES).

Scot, let us know when you give the superfeet a try. I also have low volume feet and use green superfeet to take up enough volume so I can leave some stretch in the laces. I've been on them more than a year now and have zero complaints.

• Baller
Mine are pretty loose. Once I got em where i liked em, I knotted the bungee just above the cinch. Now there's just enough room to slide the bungees over the hooks. When I'm sitting in the water, it feels super loose. But as soon as I come up and there's water pressure against the ski they feel great.

• Administrators

Mine are not "Super Loose" Just loose enough to get out without messing with the laces.

Scot - super feet go UNDER your liners not in them. If you put stiff arches inside the liner you will not release very well.

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller_
My green superfeet are inside, and the laces are pulled tight.  It'll be my fault if I get hurt because they don't release.  I've had those velco booties pre-release years ago, and it was the only time I've ever seen stars.  Not something I'd recommend to others.   In my highly biased personal opinion (IMHBPO)  it's better to crash with both feet in.