Shipping a boat

Boody

• Baller
Wife and I are kicking around getting a ZO boat but many of the boats for sale are outside of our area (Oregon).  Has anyone had experience shipping a boat and if so, any suggestions on a good company?  I know he cost depends on miles, but any idea on cost at to ship a boat from the East coast?

Try UShip.com  It's like EBay.  You enter the location of the boat and the destination and you get a TON of different shippers respond to your request at prices that range all over the place.  Further, each shipping company has rating and you can read testimonials from past customers.  I have used them several times for new boats and cars and would recommend that you at least try them.

• Baller
There's a nice promo in MT that's available.  2009 196 Limited.  That's a lot closer to OR than the east coast, and the owner would probably meet you half way or better.  It's listed on ski-it-again, look for the one in Helena, MT

• Baller

I will check it out, but we are looking for a specific color combo.  The black/grey/white.  That is my first choice, but if that doesn't work out we will start looking at other colors. 

Thanks!

• Baller

Boody - how did the boat search end up?  I am curious if you ended up having a boat shipped.  I am in MI and have a couple parties in Oregon interested in my boat. 

Thanks, I had to dig deep to find this one!!

• Baller

I just realized I never updated this thread. I bought an 09 SN on eBay and had it shipped from Florida. Had it shrink wrapped which ended up being a huge mistake. As the boat entered California, they had to cut the shrink wrap off to inspect it for some species that CA didn't want in their state. Anyway, the shipper decided to duct tape the shrink wrap back on which didn't hold and flapped all the way to Oregon.

It actually damaged to the gelcoat and took several hour to get the tape glue off the boat. Now it looks great, but my heart sunk when it arrived. The shipping broker took off $400 for the problem. Use caution when shrink wrapping a boat and having it shipped.