Which Ski

bdmz

• Baller

Hi,

I am looking for suggestions for the following skier:

61 years old, 240 lbs., 6'3".  Very solid open water skier, with 45+ years experience, but little course experience.  Had shoulder replacement 2.5 years ago, and now skiing well.  Currenltly skiing on (old) 69" HO VTX.  Need something with more "float", so he can ski at 30-32 without sinking.  I was thinking of RADAR, but open to suggestion.  Would prefer made in USA.  He would like to try course at 30 and not sink.

Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

Radar Theory or Senate.

The Theory is wider and softer. At 30 MPH this ski is simply a joy to ride. If you are going to run balls at 30 the this ski is as good or better then anything out there.

The Senate comes in a carbon version that will run balls pretty well though 34 mph 35 off.

The Connelly F1x is the only third choice in this group that I really like. 30 to 32 mph. I am not sure if this ski is the cruiser you are looking for

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

Ditto Horton's comments on the Radar Theory. I use one for INT LeagueWide Ride class (been into 38 off @ 30 mph)  and as John said it is an absolute blast to ride. Very much a performance ski, BUT it's very stable and forgiving as well. This would be a huge step up from your old VTX both performance wise AND comfort wise.

Ed