So What Ski Really Cut IT !

Stevie Boy

• Baller

It,s been a few Months now, and we have seen most of the manafacturer,s new style, ideas & products.

With all the testing and development " who is going down the right road of progression " or are they just spinning the wheel & producing products to move off the shelf, the testing is a difficult one as any Pro could almost certainly get a ski to work for them after quite a few sets with a bit of tweaking, and those guy,s know exactly what the ski is doing most of the time, for a ski to fly off the shelves, would it not be better, to get a good club skier to do the testing.

• Baller
If club skier means longer line guy,that would make me a club skier.I am a member of the Ski West ski club,and have been stuck at 28 off for years.Have never ran a 32 in my life.I realize it's a technique thing(lack of it),but I ran my first 32(34mph) yesterday on an Obrien Elite,the second time on the ski .So for me,that ski cuts it!The only other new ski that I have tried is the A-1. 

• Administrators

I think it has been a few years since a ski company has literally put out a dog.

I rode 3 skis this year. Z7, S1 and Elite. They are all unique but all three are way better than any ski from 5 years ago.

I am really looking forward to the New Radar Strada.

• Administrators

First of all: you can have my Elite when you pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Not sure. I did not get enough time on the S1 but I suspect it is very good for some skiers. I was super impressed with it from the Ball to the first wake. It has a very specific feel. From what I recall it gets wide easy, initiates easy and then carves all the way back to the wake. It does not snap. Though 35 it not only feels good and is fun to ride. What I do not know is what happens when you have scrap for one more ball.  I plan to get back on it after my last tournament.

I put up a big score within the first few rides on the Z but struggled with my one ball at 38. The Z is a killer ski but I am not sure if it fit me. I see other skiers doing very very well on the Z but I found it hard to moderate the end of the turn. On the other hand when things get dirty the Z stays with you.

• Baller

Well I got to ski the new strada on sat with Trent and Sully  just one set.

it was 1-of 3 made 66"  

(flex medium)          I like stiff skis!!

28 3/8 front boot

.74 dft

the other two I do not remember.

I usallaly ride a 67" mpd  

6' 2"  185 lbs

the ski has a new embossed top sheet in the forbody and the tip for less swing weight, it has a little longer flat spot, narrower profile in the binding area  and a wider forbody just a litte not a wide as a A 1 

bevels are rounder and biggger.

feel

easy to turn both sides,  rolls over nice,  it is easy to ski on.

fast fast fast holy sh%^^^t, with big easly angle, like the mpd it is easy to get wide, with or without handle cotrol.

the speed was the biggest thing I noticed.

ran some 22 28 32  my 32 were the widest and earlest I have ever run them. to early some times

the ski carries out off the 2nd wake nice better than a MPD  

I may be on a 66 next I will wait and see when the 67 is done.  66 did not feel real small it has more surface area than a 66 Rs-1 plus bindings at 28 3/8 is back.

Hats off to the team for putting together a better ski not just a new one. I think this is mold cut # 4 or 5  time and Money.

My bud Matt skied it  also he is on a 67 RS-1 now .

he wants a new strada bad first set 4 @-35 new pb  his pb before was 2 @-35   he is getting a 66"

I'm sure they will have some more 66 out soon for people to try and buy, then they will cut the other molds soon I'm guessing.

think short

Deano

• Baller

Are you refering to the Strada "Ski", or the Strada "boots"?  The ski itself is not specific...the website asks the "which foot forward" question because further down it affects the boot options you choose. 

The Radar Strada "boots" (new version of RS1s) are foot specific.  The Radar "Vector" boots (new version of "Rail") are not foot specific.

Previously Radar boots had to be mounted to a single Radar "Sequence" plate.  I believe that they now are offering them with individual plates....allowing you to use another brand of toe loop if you choose.