New Ski Footage

Phil2360

Here's my sons 2nd outing on his new ski.

Was running solid 26mph last season.

Will tell the full story after a few comments.

PS. From memory he was running to 4 or 5 at 28mph, but we were more interested in developing strong technique than reaching a high & scrappy buoy count.

It's the lake we ski on at a friends property down here.

He's going on 13, 145cm tall & 34kg. (4' 9" & 74 pounds).

Been on one ski & trying the course for 5 years now, & for the last 2 season skiing on a 62" HO Revolt.

A couple of weeks back some-one decided to buy him a new ski.....

A 65" HO NOS.

This is a bit of old film I found. March 2008, just after he got his previous ski, the 62" Revolt.

Had probably been on it about 6 times by this stage.

Will find more recent stuff later.

Phil

• Baller

Are you running him at long line or 15 off?  At April Coble's direction I have been running my 10 year old at long line.  He had a best last year of 4@32mph but he has run full passes at 26 mph at 15 off but we haven't spent much time there.  My son is about 4'10 and 120 pounds.  We moved him to a 65" D3X5(used 2005 ski) late last season and he picked up a pass on the new ski.  At 75 pounds the 65" ski might be a little long for your son.

Here is some bad quality video of him running 26 mph from early in the season.  I don't have any video from the end of the year.

• Baller

He looks great...w/ some good habits to build upon.   I was also wondering if at only 75 lbs, the 65" ski was causing the air over the wakes. 

Chef23....I'm curious as to what April's rationalle was for running full length??  I also have a 10 yr old (daughter).  I've been pulling her at 15off.  Just bumped her from a 64" HO Esprit to a (wider) 65" HO Siren (Triumph)...but she is very big for her age (5-4", 130)