World standings for Old Guys

Horton

• Administrators

The current World Standings list comes with a big surprise for me – Senior divisions! Personally I have wished for a world standings list for 55K slalom for a long time. The IWSF list does not break it out this way but it would not be hard to re-aggregate to reflect all the 55K guys world wide.

The bummer is that you had to ski in Regionals, Nationals, or a BigDawg to get a score. You actually need 2 scores. I can see this is a reason for me to look for better then Class C events. Or I could do what I have done for years . . . look at the scores and see where I would place if had gone and skied my average.

• Administrators

Two things:

This is the first time I have seen a IWSF list like this so it may be a work in progress

The BOS55k is totally un-official. I would like claim that it is correct but it is only as good as the data I have.

It looks like IWWF is using any class E or above scores.  I have scores under my name for our class E Ken Mead memorial tournament in addition to my Regionals and Nationals scores.  If they are accepting class E's, then I'm not sure what the need is for class L anymore.  My division (M3) was skied under class E at the Regionals and Nationals I'm pretty sure.  Even though I'm still 44, they have me listed as a 45+ skier (a tougher division).  For AWSA, I still ski M3 until after the Nationals this year.  I think IWWF must be using the age of the skier at Nationals unlike AWSA who uses the skiers age on Jan 1.  The titles 35+, 45+, and 55+ are misleading.  It is really 35-44, 45-54, and 55+.  It would be nice if they also listed all the 34 MPH skiers as one grouping too.  The toughest division is the M4 group now. 

Adam

• Baller

Another problem with the IWSF jump rankings is there is no consistency in boat speed and ramp height.

In the USA M4 and above have to go at 5' 31.7, internationaly I think they can go up to 35mph and 5.5 ft.

Also due to the age cut off discrepancy a skier can be in 45+ and still have scores from M3 included.

But heck its progress, and better than nothing, however if we are going to screw around with class L and IWSF shouldnt we standardize on the rules?