Radar ski & what size?

jufish

Have been skiing on a HO Phantom Truth w/ double animal boot bindings and would like a different ski. 

I am 5'10 and fluctuate between 170 and 175 lbs.  Am looking at Radar but am unsure of which ski would be best.  There is not a dealer or store close by to demo.

Watched the video's done by Radar on the Strada, RS1, Annex & Senate C.  I ski at 34 mph - 35 off.  Speed also depends on conditions of water.  We unfortunately don't have a course near by so I slalom as best I can in open water at a lake and on the river...Colorado.

What are your opinions on a ski and size.  Thanks so much!!!

I'm a huge fan of best bang for the buck... Hands down, that is the Sen. "C"... But, If your oblective is to eventually tear up the course at -38/34 then I would.... (still go for the Sen. "C"!) At least as great transition ski! But, I guess if $$$ is No object then pull out all the stops and cozy up to the new Strata...

Why not try the Ski B4 you buy program? -They'll ship 'em (as many as you like) to ya for $25.00 per ski+ dep.

That's my 1/2 cent... (can't afford 2 cents anymore!)

Thanks for the reply h2odawg79.

If I went the Senate C...should I go 65 or 67?  Not sure on the size w/ that one.  If I went longer...would it slow me up??  And if I went shorter, am I bit too heavy for a 65?  Sucks not knowing. 

And as far as cool cash goes...yaa, I want the best bang for my buck but am also not lookin to buy again any time soon so want to get the right ski.  Thanks for the turn on to Ski B4 also.

Have always been a HO fan but am thinking Radar might be the way to go.  Who knows...I just am hoping to make the right informed decision.  And with you all guiding and helping...I'm sure I will.

Well, H.O. stands for Herb O'brian who now builds Radar ski's... So, your still in the family. Based on your wgt. I'd say 67" absolutely. A longer ski will not be slower. In fact it should be faster every where but the Min. turn radius plus it will be even easier to ride & more forgiving. ( Especially freeskiing...)  

If someone were exactly on the fence with their body wgt. I'd still move toward the longer ski. (But, I can say w/o question that many short liners would lean the other way.) You are about 10+ lbs. above the 65" max. per the manufacturer... This ski will still easily go 38 off in the course and will be much more forgiving then the Rs1 and Annex. (Not sure about the forgiveness comparison to the Strada..) -Richard doane would know about that...

Give Eddie Roberts or Chris "Sully" Sullivan a call at Radar on Mon. (888) 766-4926 They have all answers!

Good Luck!  

• Baller_
I had one of the first Senate C's, it was a 67" and was great (I'm 6' 175#).  I handed it down to OfficerFriendly, who was tearing it up last season (he's maybe 5'10" 165#).  He was able to get another 67", so you might shoot him a "whisper" and work out a deal.  He's moved on to a Strada.

Thanks for your advice guys...it's truly appreciated.

So I'm hearin the Senate C is the ski I should go with then.  I was just so confused between skis...the Annex, the MPD, and a few others. 

Thanks for hooking me up with Radar's number...I'll definetely give them a shout.