Ski Racks

Mrs_MS

• Baller
Hello...I'm getting a cute little golf cart for cruising to the club dock. I want to put ski racks on top. Has anyone out there done this? I need pictures (if you have any), shopping list, and instructions pretty please! ( MS has some bungie cord idea...it doesn't sound right to me...I don't want to hurt my new ski)Cool  Thanks

• Baller
Yes it should be! (Mrs) I messed up..how do I change it?  Hortonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!  Honey....I will get a plan and you and Tom Haggar will build it for me K?/vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-surprised.gif 

• Baller

KS,

I'm sure I can build you something nice with the plastic I build fin protectors from. I'll just have to see the cart first. You just have to promise to keep MS away from the area and especially the tools!! I love your new avatar!

• Baller_
Mrs.MS - It's easy to make changes to your account.  Just go back to the "discussions" page, then click on the "account" tab at the top.  That will bring up your account info, on the left side, lower corner just click on "personal information" and then make yor changes you want and then click "save changes".  I agree with thager, that is a cool avatar.

• Baller

Couldn't you (I hate to say it but) use a wakeboard rack? It's polished aluminum, padded, easy to use and has definately got the coolness factor built in! Should be an easy and clean way to attach it to the golf cart. Gotta treat her right! Cool

Steven...Where do I get a wakeboard rack? How much are they? How will I put it on the roof? And...I may need help convincing the MS to "show me the money"Money mouth Sounds cool!   Wait...can it hold 2 skies?    Terry...I like your idea too!Smile Do you have a picture?  Mrs. MS

• Baller

Mrs. MS,

I'm un-sure of the price (sorry MS) but you should be able to order them from your local dealer. They come brand specific. Like Malibu, Mastercraft, so you can get them to match the brand of boat you own. As for mounting, without seeing your golf cart, it's hard to say. I know that they screw onto those silly looking monkey bars that they have on wake board boats. With a little ingenuity, it should be an easy/clean install. If anything, you could have your local machine shop make up some mounting brackets that'll compliment the coolness factor of the racks. And yes, they do hold 2 skis. Sorry for spending your hard earned money MS! But I have to admit, it's so much fun!Laughing

• Baller
if you go the wake board rack route, make sure you get actual ski racks. I think MC makes some. The wakeboard rack ends are to close together and do not fit around your bindings. Unless they have changed them in recent years.

• Baller
I'm not sure about that??? We have a young fella in our ski club that has an older Mastercraft with an after market tower and thats how he transports his A1. Maybe it just works out on that tower??? But I would think that they could be mounted at pretty much any width that you desire. I'm no wake board technician though!

• Baller

Mrs MS-

I have a friend who used the same racks you put on your car for snow ski's. He just screwed them to the top of his golf cart. I don't have a picture of his cart but I'm going to attempt to attach a pic of the type of rack on this post (I hope I'm not one of those people who can't attach the pic - here we go...)

http://www.prolineracks.com/thule-91726-pull-top-ski-rack-240.gif

If there's no pic here, try looking at this link: http://www.prolineracks.com/thule-91726-pull-top-6-pair-ski-racks.html

I'm sure you can find some of these on craigs list-or a garage sale or something. They work great and they don't look silly on your cart.

Good luck!

• Baller
Hi LKB  It's a new Z7 with last years graphics, so getting it for a good price./vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-smile.gifI didn't ask for one and I know I'm not worthy of it, but MS says he's sick and tired of working on my GOODE. So....what's a girl to do?/vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-surprised.gif The golf cart is used and we are buying it from a friend. I have a nice husband and it's his birthday tomorrow! I want to buy him a STRADA/vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-cool.gif

Mrs/Mr MS

Not sure about the style of your cart or what options are on your cart (single bench, double bench, rear golf bag caddy...etc.) But if it were me I would build/convert the rear golf bag caddy into an upright ski rack.

There are several carts in the Houston area that have the golf caddy in the rear. They stand their ski's up in the caddy but they flop around because of the large bag belt at the top.

It wouldn't be very hard to remove the bag cradles/belts and bolt a (wb)rack to the upright post or carpet a 2x4 w/1" dowel rods w/bunge instead of the wb rack.

This way the ski's are at a convenient heigth, easy to put on and take off. Not a head knocker. You won't have to climb/reach on top to get them down. You don't have to worry about them hanging over the side's and catching on something as you drive by.    

Mark,

Go back to page 1 and look at Scokes pic, stand the ski's up just like Scoke's gun's only turn them flat instead of on edge. Of course only 2 ski's will fit turned flat not sure if you three event or not.

Then look at H2OSki's pic, it's a little hard to see but there's a recessed area in the back. That's where the golf bag caddy bolts up.

The one's in this area have a roof and the ski's fit standing upright. 

No comment on where to put/mount the ball washer.