Horton's EXO Pro Review

Horton

I had read this thread prior to ordering my Exos and found the information very helpful. I was very confident that I was going to llike them. Having had Fogmans years ago I was looking forward to the comfort of hardshells. They are very comfortable and offer good stability and control. They have properly released when they were supposed to. The only problem I have had is with the upper cuff buckle for my front foot. It "pops" and loosens, sometimes the strap comes completely out of the buckle halfway the the course. I have only had these since June 20 and being a weekend skier have less than 50 passes on them. At the last tournament I had to duct tape the strap to prevent it from loosening up so much. Is anyone else having any issues with their buckles? 

I wish they would switch it out. I started that process last Monday ( July 12th). Still no replacement bindings. Had to mount up some old Highwraps so I could continue skiing. I had heard a rumor that they were having alot problems these bindings

(after I bought them, of course) and I wanted to find out if anyone else was having problems. There doesn't seem to be alot of skiers talking about them online, good or bad.

Product great - up to personal opinion. Service not so great. Still no replacement bindings. Since this thread started as a review on product I will end it here. If it was a review on HO customer service or product support.........

• Baller

I'm one of the winners from the May 1st drawing. My boots have been sitting in the box for a few months now since the adapter plate is nowhere to be found from the HO rep & a new A1 is out of the question. I'm getting to the point where I might just take a drill to my ski, warranty be damned...anyone have any recommendations?

One word of caution for the large-footed folks - I'm a size 12 and with the front binding all the way forward (+2), the rear boot can only go to about -3.5 before the toe touches the heel of the front boot.

When I put mine on my 2010 A-1 The rear heel was just ahead of zero. Maybe you should get some measurements of were the nose and tail piece should be on your size ski. Lot of pressure/force on the screws that hold the nose and tail, you would probably have to epoxy and screw it to the ski to make sure they don't just pull out of the carbon top. HO's inserts are set it plastic blocks below the surface if I'm not mistaken.

• Baller
dleenhout, since HO hasn't set you up with an adaptor plate yet, couldn't you have one made? Maybe teammalibu would be up for the challenge. Or maybe you could just mount them to one of his G10 plates. I'd try that before drilling your ski.

• Baller

I know, I'm just frustrated at the whole process. Imagine winning a free Ferrari, having it parked in your driveway, but they won't give you the keys. I've had nothing but great experiences with HO in the past, so this kinda surprises me; granted I'm sure bent rails & the like are a bit higher on their priority list. If anyone out there wants to fabricate a plate for me, by all means give me a holler.

The 'drilling' option was to carve out as much material as I could with a hex wrench & fill the cavity with epoxy before putting inserts in, & taking the individual plates off my existing bindings & drilling the 7 holes through those to match the EXO pattern, placing a good sized washer between those plates and the ski. I know, it's about a 2 out of 10 on the scale of good ideas, but it beats out just straight drilling with no inserts or epoxy...