Video for training purposes

thager

• Baller
Wow, just watched the video we took at MS' site yesterday. Was really surprised when I analyzed my video. While in the course it felt to me that my hips were up, head was vertical and handle was coming into the hip. Reality is that butt was behind, head was leaning and handle was coming into belly button and then down. I have much to work on. I am going to use video at least every other week from here on out. Amazing to me how different our perceptions are from what is really going on. Video also tells me my ski needs some adjustment as spray was breaking behind front binding in the turn, Anyone else using video?

• Baller

Absolutely, I've been using the Tracker System since 94. It is the cheapest coach out there. Misses nothing. Allows me to experiment with new technique and find out what works and what doesn't without relying on someone else's opinion. You can easily compare your style with videos of pro-skiers you may want to emulate.

I cannot even imagine skiing without it at this point. I have to compare what I feel on the ski with what is actually happening in real time. I have a mental visualization of what I want to accomplish and this allows me to see how close I come.

WARNING: This is not for everyone though. My ski partner has tried this setup and does nothing but dwell on the Negative. He always says, "I can't believe I skied that BAD." Has pity parties and swears to quit forever.

I try to strive for Neuromuscular Memory Control and this is the only way to see how well I've accomplished that.

Best Regards,   ED

We started using it this year..and yes without question if helps. We started about two weeks before Seth S. came to the lake for a clinic. We videoed all of his coaching and ended up with 20 gig's.

And just like Ed pointed out, don't focus only on the negitive, Identify what your trying to change, and because we catured everything Seth was seeing and what was said in between passes we look to see if were staying on top of what was taught.

It's been two weeks since he's been here, buoy count is about the same as before he came but the video's look so much better. Couple more weeks and buoy count will be up and our plan is to keep recording.