Right size trick for a 65lb kid?

ktm300

• Baller
Despite the fact that there is not trick skier within 60 miles of us, my daughter has been asking to trick. I have a 44" KD honeycomb ski that I skied on many years ago. What is the right size for her that she can get a few years out of? She is soon to be 10 y.o. Thanks. I loved trick skiing but quit because I was the lone ranger where I live. Time to limber up and dig up my release.

• Baller

Get a new D3 hardedge 43" ski. While it is way too big for her now, she will grow into it. You will just have to adjust the speed and rope length. I personally like the way the 43 handles - it has a nice balance that the smaller skis lacked. Note that I have skied on 38" skis in the past so there is no prejudice. Wakeboards are much larger and make learning really easy for kids. So don't be afraid of a big ski for kids.

The newest skis really are better than your old 44". D3, Quantum and Goode are making fantastic skis which will have a much steeper learning curve. It will be worth the money. Get two binding setups and you two might be able to share the new ski.

Richard, quit wasting money on wax, cleaners and synthetic oil for that fancy new boat and get a new modern trick ski instead.

Eric