Radar Boots: Strada or Vector

Laz

• Baller

Hi.

I was currently skiing on a Connelly F1 with double Enzo bindings until a minor OTF fall ripped the back binding into two pieces. Fortunately, my foot is still in one piece. Luckily, this happened 4 days before the warranty expired.

I'm thinking of trying Radar boots while I stay with the F1 ski for now. I ski at 34mph, can usually get through 22' off and am currently working on '28.

I am hoping the wise readers of this forum help me decide between the Strada boots versus the Vector boots. I like the way the Strada's look. Both are pretty comfortable and fit well. I think the Strada's might release better with the liner, but I'm not too sure about that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

• Baller

Hey Laz,
I own both, Strada mounted on a Strada...and Vector on a Theory.  Both are sweet boots...I've not had release problems w/ either.  Obviously there is plenty of support out there for the Strada.   As I believe you are located up north, if you are indecisive between the two, you might want to let the closed toe warmth benefits of the Strada be the deciding factor (something easy to overlook now in the middle of summer).  Coming off the Enzos, there will be an adjustment period, but in the end you should be pleased.  Take it easy the first couple times out.  Initially, it is difficult to trust to run them loose, and the urge is to crank down the bungees.  You'll quickly gain the confidence to progressively run them more loosely...as intended.

(edit to add) one consideration (good or bad?) is that you can step right into the Vector and go.  The Strada may require some tinkering....heat molding liner, customizing fit w/ different insoles, etc

• Baller

Hey...glad to assist, Laz...(especially after your laparascopic hernia repair advice salvaged my Spring/Summer).  

Yup, that is how I ended out owning both boots...ordered the Vector last summer...at the time not thinking about cold water ahead.   Late season, I bumped up to the Strada boot (which is my preference of the two)  and put the Vector on the wide ride.  Although I'm  a RTP guy, one warm foot is better than none.