Co x surface area?

Simojo

Does anyone know the surface area of a 69" co x as compared to a 69" HO Nitro? HO is supposedly replacing my nitro with a co x for warranty reasons and I am not sure what size to get. I am 6'3", 190 lbs and currently on a 69". I couldn't get comfortable on a loaner 67" nitro, even though I am on the border between a 67/69. Any suggestions as to what size of co x to get?

Also, if anyone from HO is out there, can I at least get an idea of when I might get my replacement ski? I've been skiing on a nitro with a hole drilled in it and a return authorization number since early June and nobody knows when they will be able to ship one to my local dealer. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated!

• Baller
I asked that question, and Paul Crawford from D3 replied "The surface area does not realyl come into it, its how the ski is designed"  I guess he,s right when you stop & think about it, what is the actual area of the ski that you ski on at any one time, certainly not all of it. I,m no ski manafacturing expert, but he has got a point.

• Baller
I agree that you don't ski on the whole ski at any one time but unless the ski has a strange design with a lot of area in the tip that never hits the water I would have to think that a ski with more surface area would provide more support than one with less.  If you are a big guy that might make a difference of if you are close to the edge of the recommended size for a ski it could make a differnce in your choice for example if a 66" strada had more surface area than a D3 Z7.

• Baller
I believe surface area plays a much bigger role than most skiers realize. I am finding from trial and error that the high end skis are not always the best fit for the top end skiers. I think that can be vouched for by Horton's outstanding reviews on the Connelly V and the Radar Strada 55. Skis are much too long and much too narrow. Dave Goode is on to something with this and other manufacturers are too as well.