D3 X7 - Not a review :-(

Horton

• Administrators

I took one ride on a 67" X7 today in the wind.I do not think it would be fair of me to say much considering the conditions and the number of passes. My season is most likely done so we will have to wait till spring to see if I can get a few rides on it again and make a real assessment.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_4-6ay9R-bLE/TKfYpF04LdI/AAAAAAAAEGI/xnFBBcjySMg/s800/DSC_0100.JPG

From X7 Photo by Gallagher Muffin Horton

• Baller
Now why would you do that? "Yeah, I took a ride on it... but you'll have to wait 'till spring for any feedback." I expect 3 sets tomorrow and at least 50 words of "first impression" thoughts tomorrow night. I'm serious. Don't come back here without that info.

• Administrators

The good news is that I leave for 2 weeks on Italy and Austria on Friday. The bad news it is that I do not think I will ski much if at all until the spring.

If I learned anything from the Ski Test, it is that I should not say much until I have a firm grasp of what I think of a ski. After one ride it is completely unfair to D3 for me to say anything.

• Baller

The real John has been kidnapped by aliens!

They're having an "Independant Human Tests".

Hope they got Astroglide...

Seson already over in California???

Andre

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Administrators

I do not know who hacked my account and posted after a few beers but what I was trying to say is. I leave for Italy this week and by the time I get home it might be cold.  The ski is not mine so I do not know if I will have access to it next time I ski 

I am tempted to make comments but what I think after one ride is often not what I would think after four rides. Would not be fair to D3.

• Administrators

As you can see below - these are not really good testing conditions.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_4-6ay9R-bLE/TKfYtPV3Y2I/AAAAAAAAEGI/x2wGtZ0Y5a0/s800/DSC_0129.JPGFrom X7

• Baller

How cold does it get down there in the winter? We've got a sweet indian summer going on up here in Mantana, but I find it hard to believe that our season will end at roughly the same time as the Southern California season. The X7 looks pretty sweet in that water color.

JP :)

• Baller

I was wondering if it got below freezing in Bakersfield or Newberry Springs. The biggest obstacle to cold weather skiing for me is the safe maintenance of the boat. If I were a more confident mechanic it would probably make my life a lot less stressful. In terms of the X7 I noticed that Nate Smith switched to it AFTER he finished second to Will Asher on his Z7, so he must feel pretty confident on the new ski.

JP :)