Correct amount of dual lock?

ktm300

• Baller
I use a single plate that I do not want to release. Under the theory that anything worth doing is worth overdoing, I covered (completely) the plate and the ski under the plate. Probably expensive overkill. How much should I use to be sure that the plate stays attached. Used 250 ski 400 plate. Thanks.

• Baller

Depeds on your weight, but you sound like you have it covered.

Most heavier skiers run two strips down the sides the full length of the plate.

There is a totally non-scientific table on the Internet somewhere, based on weight.

Try googling it.

• Baller

ktm

Are using a shell that has another release mechanism besides the dual lock? (Reflex, Strada?) If not, I strongly suggest not overdoing the dual lock. You must have a release or it is only a matter of time until you fracture or tear something. I got a call Sunday night from a friend asking rehab questions about his wife. Tore her achilles last week in an OTF using a single powershell and a rear kicker. She has been using the same set up for a few years. It will catch up to you.

• Baller
Thanks. I should have included that I am on a hardshell front with Silvretta release and a loose wileys rear. I don't want the plate to release. Just wondering if I am wasting dual lock by covering the entire ski under the plate. I have been trying different skis so using lots of dual lock. Thanks again. I'm 6'0" 185

• Baller

ktm - I use a Reflex front / HO rear on a G-10 plate.  I use two strips of clear 250 on the ski and two strips of 400 on the plate.  No issues and the plate does not release.  No need to completely cover the plate/ski.