GT-40 Repair Options?

vtjc

• Baller

I recently sold my 99 MasterCraft SportStar(95-97 ProStar Hull) and I am researching options for my next boat. I like closed bow boats(prior boats where a 88 MC PowerSlot and 98 Moomba Boomerang) and would like another MasterCraft but the 190s are rare so I might end up trying a CC 196. People rave about the GT-40 in Nautique's, particularly their torque and reliability. I live in VT and often use my boat early and late in the season. I drain the block and bring the boat in during cold weather, but if a block where to be damaged, are there any replacement options besides a complete repower with a Chevy?

Thanks,

Jamie

• Baller_

Hi Jamie,

Replacement Ford parts are redily available. Blocks, heads and rotating assemblys. I currently have two Core 351-w motors that are of the GT-40 HP varity. What is not available anymore are re-power complet GT-40 motors, in fact I may have bought the last one two years ago for a Orlando customer. CorrectCraft Fan is a good informational source forold Correct Craft information. If you are still looking for a PS-190 I know of an 09 here in Florida. Has real high hours and needs re-upolstry as it was at a ski school but the price is really right!!!

Yeah, she was a pretty big TQ this year for sure.  Only had 190 hrs when I bought her, but the service records show regular, but light, use.  And, yes, I think the rest of the boat looks pretty good. :)

Zip tie trimmed long ago.  Old picture.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_1gl9obJSimU/St_WPM0JWkI/AAAAAAAACfQ/BZ81INwsrDw/Cover%201.JPG