Stuff in the works for 2011

Horton

• Administrators

Eagle Sports Slalom Challenge

Ski Reviews (I dropped the ball the last few years – I have a 2011 plan)

BOS ProShop  - (maybe?  maybe soon?)

More contests (I have two in the planning stage now)

Some sort of ski log thing.  (Not exactly what you get on other sites. The tool will be designed around my ski testing methods and may be easily customizable for each skier)

An easy way for you to get BOS stickers. (You would not think this was hard – but it is a pain in my @$$)

Maybe a tool just for selling Promo Boats (maybe see if I can get Ski-It-Again to do this. I know a shop in Florida already does this but you are here not there.  We need to help the Promo guys as much as we can.)

Ballers Bashes!

More Pro Skier blogs on the main page

Some other stuff….

• Administrators

Thanks Chuck,

Tell all your ski friends about BallOfSpray and keep posting good stuff here on the forum.

Besides that I am afraid it is hard for me to find ways to let people help.

• Baller_

What happened to your woody slalom leauge?  2011 could be the year for the BOS woody nationals! /vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-cool.gif

Thanks again for a great informational and accurate waterski web site!

Happy new Year!

• Baller

My new year's resolution is to not fly slow this year. I spent last year flying a 150 so I'm over the low and slow. My 210 is back up with a new engine! But the weather has stranded it out in the desert. If I can't fly I'll snow ski!

Is it ever sunny in Seattle? Richard skis year round because it never warms up there. At least the people from there are warm and enthusiastic. They make it fun.

Eric

• Baller

Sorry off topic for any non-pilots.

Eric, my father had a turbo 210 for years flying extensively for business...nice plane.  He finished with a Piper Malibu before retirement, one of the first off the line in '84.  After retirement he sold but had a great deal renting a Cherokee 6-300 from a construction company for an extremely low rate.  I fly a '01 Mooney Ovation.  It's a friends plane, but he can no longer fly...so I'm the only guy in the log-book for the last 8 years...sweetheart deal.  I'm paying gas, 1/2 the annual and I contribute to the insurance.  I also keep the 196 in his heated hangar (see, I got close to returning to a waterski topic, so not a complete hijack!)       

• Baller

Aren't all skiers pilots? I know for a fact that Top Gun is the favorite movie of skiers before a tournament.

6, you have a sweet deal! How fast is that Mooney? Im sure it's faster than my 210. But the 210 can haul jump skis and whatever else you can get in the minivan to haul to the airport.

C"mon Ballers, how many New Years resolutions are to learn to fly?!

Eric

• Baller

The book says 192 knots under ideal conditions at 8500 ft, burning 16 gph.  In reality, I would say in the real world true airspeed for me is 185-190 knots, depending on load.  Most often I'm near gross...either me and a pile of fuel and gear, or less fuel but with my wife and two young kids.  Have seen 240 knots groundspeed on the GPS in a tailwind to Chicago.  Have been blasted back to 135 knots groundspeed in a monster headwind to Iowa City.

Pretty cool in that can run 190 knots and burn 16/hour, or run 160 knots and burn 11.  At that rate don't need much fuel to go a long way w/reserves and can increase the weight allowed in the cabin...still w/acceptable speed.  With 96 gallons can take 492 lbs, at approx 6 lbs/gallon for fuel, you can do the math on taking less fuel and replacing w/people and bags.

I count my blessings every day in this situation.  It won't last forever, and I will always look back on these days w/a smile.  I make sure to let the owner know every chance I get...not to mention the random orders of Omaha Steaks on that show up on his door etc.