Sanctioned practice now required???

clemsondave

• Baller
I stand corrected.  After perusing the online sanction request form, I see that I can put in a date range and not individual dates.  My question now is from where do I download the required waiver forms.  The guidelines also state that the LOC must retain the signed waivers.  Will I need them in duplicate?

• Baller
There I go, taking assumptions again.  I kinda thought there would be one form that all members would sign as opposed to the standard tournament waiver form that is one per.  It still says that "a waiver must be on file with USAWS" then down a couple of bullets it says that the LOC must retain the waivers.

• Baller
USA Waterski has had the blanket membership waiver for a few years now, but they still require event specific waivers.  For the tournaments I run, I have gone exclusively to Online Registration so the waivers are taken care of thru the registration process.  It takes a big headache off my shoulders.

Okay, having read through this thread, I've got our club set up with no guest members and sanctioned practices from tomorrow through Dec. 20 6am to 9 pm. 

So if we have a person who is not an Active AWSA member who wants to ski, there was reference to a 1 day membership for $10.  I couldn't find any reference to that on AWSA's site.  I did see a 12 month Grass Roots membership for $35 per year that looked like it permitted skiing in sanctioned practices.  Is that what they need to do or is there something else?  The only thing mentioned in the Ins. FAQ was either Active Member or Guest Member.  But with a Guest Member, we have to have the Safety Coordinator on site.

Next Question, it looks like a "Participant" would include my two year old son that is riding in the boat.  With the new family membership, it doesn't look like it matters much as far as cost goes.   

Also, in case I missed it, it looks like logs no longer required to be kept?  

Thanks.

• Baller

OK, after a flurry of emails with Traci at USAWS, she cleared up the waiver thing.  She stated that all active members have a waiver on file at USAWS that will cover sanctioned practices. (assuming you did the electronic waiver when renewing) Event specific waivers for tournaments and clinics will still have to be signed.  Retention of waivers by the LOC is only required for Guest Memberships (per Traci Baylon just now)   Thanks to Traci for prompt,detailed info on this subject.

east tx skier -- no longer required to maintain logs.

So is a guest membership the same as a "grass roots" membership at $35 per year?  I ask because, from time to time, we will have members bring guests who are not AWSA members (which will surely no longer happen since we don't have, to my knowledge, a certified safety coordinator).  I'm just trying to figure out if a "grass roots" member, who is apparently eligible to participate in sanctioned practices, but not events, could ski at our site without our having to have the safety coordinator on site.