Most forgiving ski?

bobuna

• Baller

True, we need to know his level, but the D3 CX still could be the answer.  I base that on my sister, who just learned to ski within the last 3 years.  She's tried the white top, Goode and Radar P6, and the CX is the one ski she is most comfortable on.  She skis -15 @ 30mph.  Then I can take it and ski comfortably at 34 or 36mph, so it would give someone plenty of bandwidth for improvement.

Then again, my GF learned to ski on my white top Nomad, without as much as dropping a ski!  Yup, learned straight with a deepwater start on a narrow Nomad.  It was crazy cool!

I appreciate all the input. I'm coming from a connely rocket, so i imagine it's safe to say i'll be getting on something pretty different and likely much faster no matter what i buy.

I've skied 6 sets in my life in the course and got through 22 off, so breaking 28 off is my goal for the new season on a new ski. and I intend to increase my course skiing this season dramatically. i figured there would be some good advice from some seasoned skiers for a guy my size and this will definitely help me with buying something un-demo'd, so i welcome all advice.

• Baller

Better yet, I have a video of my GF skiing on the white top.  If I can figure out how to load it, and find the video through my archives of stuff for that matter, I pop it out here.  Very cool! 

Maybe the white top is a beginners ski?  Could explain the controversy:-)

Bobuna, I skied the Connelly Rocket years ago and thought it was a Rocket. Besides the weight of that ski, I thought it was fast back then. You really have to try the new skis but as everyone suggested demo many skis. MrB

• Administrators

Bob,

this thread has kind of gone sideways. Please feel free to ask some more specific questions. There is a lot of joking around on this website but it is very important to me that the experience skiers give good advice to the less advanced skiers.

• Administrators

Bob,

One more thing, we all mostly ignore MS. His scores and national ranking are the result of genetics, talent and determination. None of that means he knows what he's talking about.

• Baller

I really liked my brother's 68" White '06 Nomad. I am still getting to know and set up my '08 68" RCX. It feels long to me where as the white one seemed to naturally turn for me without excess effort, with a smooth finish. My brother made a fin adjustment on his white one that I guess worked out. I may need to try to dial that in on mine, unless there is some other big difference I need to account for.

But as for the question, I was a redline guy, then a Duvall (another D. Kidder influenced or designed product), then now the D3. So for me, the Denny Kidder skis seem to work. I just want to make sure I am on the right length for me, and get it dialed in.

• Baller
Recently took my kids off a 62" 9600 and put them on a 63" Z7ST. The numer of violent OTF's decreased and all three had PB's in practice last night. (Picture mostly single digit buoy counts here, they were still happy)