Orange Buoys Are Here!

Ed_Obermeier

• Baller

Just got word today that the PolyForm orange buoys are here.  Should have my shipment some time next week.

We're ready to start taking orders and should be shipping by the end of next week.  Call me at 800-216-4461 toll free, Canada dial 913-294-2148.  Outside North America it's +01 913-294-2148.

Pricing.  $5.50 each, sets of 24 are $119.  Plus shipping.  Questions e-mail me at ed@ez-slalom.com.

Ed @ EZ-Slalom

• Baller

Quick update.  Spoke with PolyForm again yesterday, said they were shipping on Monday March 7th.  With a little luck they'll be here by next Friday, will be shipping orders as soon as they get here.  Taking orders now; if you wanna get on the list call me at 800-216-4461 toll free US or 913-294-2148 direct.

Also, I have the file of the design and instructions developed by Thomas Wayne for modifying a half gallon garden sprayer to inject water into inflatable buoys.  If anyone wants that shoot an e-mail to info@ez-slalom.com and I'll be happy to send it to you.

Thanks, Ed

• Baller

Ed- Got the buoys yesterday. Thanks also for everything you sent along with the buoys!

Wish- Why would you want to buy old faded buoys? Buy a new set of polyforms from Ed. If these are anything like the Polyform 55's we have, they'll last a lot longer than the Overtons buoys that fade within a month. Our green 55's lasted 6 years without much fading!

Marco

• Baller_

Marco,

Nothing against buying new ones. Just have had great success (similar in duration) with painting them. So if all your going to do is chuck the old ones why not make a couple bucks and send the decent faded ones to me. Just sayin.

• Baller
I tried painting them w/ limited success. After buying the paint, swapping them out, getting paint all over me and the buoys, hanging them to dry and having them fade again, I opted to spend the $5/each on new ones and send the old ones to a friend who puts them on a public course. Simply not worth the effort and mess.

• Baller_

Marco,

Kylon Fusion red (they don't make orange) so if orange is your thing order from Ed and send me yours. :-)

Jdarwin, wow what a pain!!! Ya, take Jdawins advice and don't bather. Just packm up and sendm to me. Make a few bucks in the process. It's like traiding in that old car $ for a shiny new one! :-)

Wish,

I just sent you my 20 faded red buoys yesterday from both my lakes. You don’t owe me anything. However, I did send those COD so you will need to have money when they arrive to pay the driver. I’ve been using the water filled system because I feel like it is safer than just air. I tried to get them all in just 2 boxes but they were too big and heavy so the guy at the shipping shop had the great idea to put 2 in each box, so he supplied 10 smaller boxes and added the price to the COD charges. In hindsight, maybe I ought to have let the water out before I shipped them to save on the shipping charges. I’ll try to remember to do that next time. Any way I think the COD charge is $518.54. The guy said you don’t actually have to use cash; they will also take a certified bank check.

I’m just kidding you know. I like the idea of recycling. Email me you address so I can send you buoys. budlake1 at yahoo dot com

• Baller_

Bud man,

I feel sorry for the guys back. 160+lbs of wobbly boxes sucks. If he can balance that on the way to his truck, strap a ski on him cause he's got the core muscles for skiing. I should add. Air filled buoys only please. Good one!!

• Baller

Short answer scuppers is that when they are half filled with water, they are displaced more easily if you hit them. They can reduce injury because they will move up, down, sideways when you strike them, and not launch you in the air as you are extended out. The downside is they are not as bouyant and will be more affected by wind, unless you place a sub bouy.

• Baller_

IMO if attached to a float course, wind is less likely to affect them. Have had ours on now for 2 months. Works as described. Plus with less tension on the line to hold down air filled, far less are getting knocked off or damaged. Only a small red brick (3 hole kind) zipp tied to the PVC pipe holds it down. BTW I'll take those pesky faded buoys off anyones hands. I'll pay shipping.

• Baller
Observation.... we have 4 lakes, 3 with slalom courses. Last year we replaced all the buoys at the same time in the spring. On Lake 1 we installed water filled buoys, Lakes 3 & 4 had air filled only. When we replaced the buoys this spring the water filled buoys were nowhere near as faded as the air filled buoys.

• Baller_
Just a friendly reminder. Don't clutter up the landfills with faded buoys that will never decompose. Go green, recycle and send them to me. If they still hold air, I'll pay shipping and a little extra. :-)

• Baller
Anyone have any fading issues yet? The one week wonders made in China China (Gladiator) I got last year were done within a few weeks. I am just in the process of filling our new Polyforms (thanks Ed) with water, but am going to wait to install them until just before our upcoming tourney in a few weeks, just in case. Hopefully they hold up like our 55's. They are 4 years old and still look great.