confused about settings

jwr

• Baller
I hit something with my ski and it moved my fin. I set it back at the settings I had written down but it feels different. It is very slow on my good side and hesitates at the finish of the turn, which causes me to lose angle. My bad side the ski turns really fast, maybe too fast. I'm getting a lot if angle. What setting do I change to speed yo my good side and slow down my bad side? I'm on a 68 elite with 6.85, 2.514, and. 795.

• Baller_

Hit it again.

Tools you may need: dock surface, retaining wall, garage floor, boat walls, platform, tree, dock post.

Procedure: drop from a hight of 28 inches or swing at a speed of 15mph until fin strikes surface.

Alternative Procedure: give it to your buddy, a small child or baggage claim for the day. Adjustment are almost guarantied.

If not satisfied with results...... Repeat above procedure.

• Baller
I might be better off hitting with a hammer, with my fin adjusting skills. The best I can tell the fin and fin box are ok. I'm wondering if I have the dft wrong. Wouldn't moving it back help me finish the turn in my on side? It seems to pre turn ok, just doesn't want to finish. Not sure if i'm getting tip rise or if it is me trying to force the ski to finish the turn.

• Baller
I guess I need to get back out and try a bunch of things, and see what happens. After looking at Wade's info, I almost feel like I should reduce the tip and move the fin back. I guess I'll try that, and then put it back and try reduced depth to see what happens. Thanks for the ideas. Kind of glad and dissapointed that someone hasn't said, look you idiot all you have to do is ....

• Baller
When you measure dft, stand the ski on the tip and hold the ski vertically. Hold the caliper in place with your thumb. Take a bunch of measurements until you get a consistent number. That ski is very sensitive to dft and that fin block is a nightmare.

• Baller
Yeah, I'm going to remeasure everything before u change anything. That dim block believe it or not is better then the one on the sixam. Do you remember what you had the front binder set at. I want to say 30, but I don't remember now.

• Baller
In case anyone has a similar problem, here is what I did that worked for me. I first remeasured my front boot. Because it s a Wiley I cannot put it at the recommended 30", so it was either 29.8" or 30.3". I went with 29.8. I then cut my plates, so that I could move my rear binder one hole closer. I've always like my feet touching anyway. I shortened up the fin from 6.855 to 6.841 and moved the DFT from .795 to .775. The fin shallowed up a little to from 2.514 to 2.512, was trying to keep it the same, but that was the closest I could get. The ski was much, much better. Ran one of the easiest 35's straight off the dock. I could have two handed it. Still managed to screw up 38, though. Thanks to everyone for their help, hopefully this info can help someone else.