Looking to buy a new ski..

skims

I have skied for most of my life but have never skied a course. I am going to start trying this year and would like to buy a new ski. I am currently on a 66' allegiance with double edge bindings. Would like to know where I should start. I am hoping that I will be able to progress fast. Should I go ahead and buy a used higher end ski or should I go with a little less aggressive one?

• Administrators

I would love you to buy a top of the line new ski from the BOS store when it opens in a few weeks.... but

What you should do is go to Ski-It-Again and get a 2 or 3 year old high end ski with rubber bindings. Start simple. You can buy a $2,000 ski when you know what you want.

Thats where I have been looking. I have been trying to do research on the Strada, A1 and the S1. What is your opinion on them? I have been told it all depends on your style. Well I really dont know my style yet. Im hoping to get lessons at H2osmosis or Bennets in the next few weeks so maybe Ill find out my style there. Should I wait until I get lessons before I buy one?

you'll be able to demo some equipment while at H2osmosis. that might be a good route if you are a little gun shy about which ski to get. there may be a demo program at Bennets too. not sure.

• Baller
I would start out with the allegiance. I wouldn't want to start trying the course for the first time on a brand new ski. To many variables to cope with. I'm pretty sure the Allegiance is based off the Sixam, and should be just fine for learning the course. I would take lessons on the Allegiance, and see if the instructors feel like the ski is holding you back. In the beginning I think it will be easier to concentrate on the course, and what the instructor is telling you, then worrying how your new ski is going to react. Once, you get more comfortable with the course look at ski-it-again for a good used ski. You should have a better idea of your style, and what may work for you. Instructors may be able to help point you in the right direction there as well.