Centurion Carbon Pro?

Sherwood

• Baller

Love ours!!! Everyone that has skied behind it and drove it love's it, this boat is going to get alot of exposure here with skiers from all over the world and all speeds and line lengths. Nick was out and skied last week and really liked it to drive and ski behind he said, "he thought it felt very in sync". Nate will be here this week I'll get his thoughts and update. Most important for us mere mortals we give it 2 thumbs up...check out my vid of our boat wrapped! Any questions ask away....

Both drove it and skied behind the boat that went down to the boat tests to be tournament approved. Great wake, great to drive. Certainly competitive with any of the big 3. (I own a 196, our club boat is a Malibu, skied MC at Tournaments.) Worth checking out if you are in the market.

• Baller

Update, Nate ran a full 2@43 off the dock behind the Carbon Pro here this week...

Hope you get the boat for your tournaments the skiers WILL love it and it WILL create a buzz, good luck!

Nice to have another choice in this market for less $$$$ :)

• Baller
Nate's a great skier. There will be a lot of "proof in the pudding" happening the first weekend in June (Carbon Pro / Nano / ventral, etc.). I look forward to skiing/driving the boat. And, I'll make certain that it pulls its share of 39/41.

• Baller

LOL Wish I could get a better deal or did not have to pay...work for Centurion? Nah...Just weighin in on the original question...

We did not make the switch without a lot of thought, just want others to know its good.

PS Ours is for sale and will be gettting another:) XOXO

Will this boat be towing the US waterski nationals? Found these pics./vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/17/817.jpg/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/18/818.jpg/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/19/819.jpg/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/0/820.jpg

• Baller
I love that black one! Is that the same faux teak that the 200 uses? Is the stern as close to the waterline as it looks? It looks like a wake boat could inadvertantly turn it into a bathtub. I was in a Supra Comp that was swamped that way last year.

• Baller_
I swamped an 87 Comp. On a river slow cruising and took huge wake over the windshield from a big cabin cruiser. I sware it hung in the air for a few seconds before it crashed on us. Wife never saw it coming. Water temp was 55-60ish. Bilge pump ran and ran and ran.......

Some information from the Centurion Website.

Centurion Boats Joins Militia's Sac-Town Gold Rush as Official Slalom Boat & Event Sponsor - Centurion Boats is proud to announce their premier three event boat, the 2011 Carbon Pro, will be used as the exclusive slalom boat of Militia's Sac-Town Gold Rush Pro Event. On June 21st and 22nd, the best slalom skiers in the world will come to Sacramento, California to compete for over $55,000 in prize money. Centurion is excited to be a part of the biggest cash prizeevent in years and proud to support the dedicated athletes on and off the water.

The Centurion Boats World Record Slalom Bounty

To give the skiers additional incentive, Centurion Boats is offering a world record slalom bonus for the men and women. Centurion Boats will write an additional $5,000 bonus check to any athlete that breaks a world slalom record during the Militia Sac-Town Gold Rush event. With Centurion's supplementary funds, there is now a $10,000 world record bonus on the line.

"A world record is absolutely possible at this event," Paul Crawford of Centurion Boats said. "Shortline Lake is a premier site with ideal conditions. We will have the world's best drivers pulling the world's best skier and our Carbon Pro is dialed to pull someone well into 43 off. Our boat can definitely get it done."

The Militia Sac-Town Gold Rush Pro Event is an invitation only event focusing on renewing the spirit of the sport. The event will offer the opportunity for athletes shooting atrecords, as the conditions are anticipated to be immaculate and the athletes will be hot off of the LA Night Jam, happening just a few days prior.

"I told Rick Lee (owner of Centurion Boats) he could definitely be writing a couple big checks in the near future," Crawford said.

We skied one for a couple weeks brfore the boat testing here in FL. The only that I really did like was how big the motor box is. The rope for us rubs the box the whole time and just don't know how long that will hold up. They might have changed that by now but really the only thing I didn't like. Overall really nice boat clean wake and nice to drive.

• Baller
Agree if using for pure skiing. My 196 is pre-trunk, and since we don't keep the back seat and only use at "the swamp", it makes for a shorter step over to the platform. I also liked the infinity set up w/little corner back seats but the pass thru in the middle.

• Baller

Makes it an extremely nitch market segment boat though. I don't have a problem with that whatsoever, just saying...

If Centurion is only figuring on selling say 40 - 60 a year and they're good with that target then right on. That's a pretty focused market segment though.

• Baller
Drove the new Carbon Pro several times in my record this past weekend. When it first arrived on site Friday afternoon, there was lots of buzz around the boat. After putting 100lbs in the nose and griding the rudder slightly, it drove nearly as well as my Nautique. We had all of the "Big 3" on site in addition to the Carbon Pro. Next to the 200, the Carbon Pro was preferred by most of the skiers. The wakes are non-existent. The spray is no issue right thru 41-off. The pull felt "soft" compared to the other boats so if you ski one in a tournament, you may consider going up a letter. The interior is user friendly and the rubber flooring is a nice idea - except the fact that it got very hot (grey color) in the Louisiana sun. A lighter color on the floor would solve this issue. The fact that you can literally hose out the interior is a great idea. All in all, it competes favorably with every other 3-event boat in the market. I would not hesitate to purchase one and am in fact, considering one for 2012.

• Supporting Member

Interesting! How's the wake at very slow speeds? One thing that interests me about a carbon-fiber boat is that it _might_ have less displacement and thus much smaller wakes when not planing. This could be great for kids learning the course.

In any case, I'm pumped to see these positive evaluations, because I believe this is the only new boat on the market that can fit through The Mousehole Tunnel on Lake Cochituate. I'm very happy with my '05 Nautique, but it's nice to know I _could_ buy a new boat.

• Baller
Than, maybe I'm wrong about this, but as I understand it it's not a carbon boat, per se. Although it does employ construction methods you'd normally see in carbon construction, such as vacuum bagging. Only certain aspects of it's construction have carbon, such as those visible side panels.

Is this boat built in california or north carolina? if it is built in california using the vacuum bagging would enable them to comply with stricter emissions, does it do anything to strengthen the hull at all though?