1985 American Skier Advance

MCskiFreak

• Baller
Had an 85 Advance. Great quality boat. Wake was good for 34 and 36 slalom, up to 38 off-thats when you start to get spray. Slower speeds are great for tricking or wakeboarding. Cool looking, great handling boat.

• Baller
Well all I can say is that my parents bought an 86 American Skier Advance brand new. We still ski behind that boat today. It is a great slalom boat tracks straight. Wakeboarding it is ok for. It has a great trick wake. I got into 38off behind it this morning. We still hand drive it but it isn't a bad boat. I keep looking at newer boats and can't find one that I like better. Also we have 2208 hours on that boat so it will last a very long time if properly taken care of. Spray is kind of an issue and we have had some issues with the spray rail leaking but that is more due to the way we dock our boat than anything else. The starter is weird it is a left hand wind starter so they are expensive. Like 500 buck I think. We just rebuild it when it goes out just get a brush kit for a normal 350 chevy starter and put in it. If the sherwood pump goes out it will suck water up into the cylinders and liquid lock it so I always keep spark plug socket in the boat but that happens like once every four or five years. No real big problems with it. Like I said we have 2208 hours so I have found most of the problems.