Perfect ski job?

Ilivetoski

• Baller

For a college guy like me, there are summer jobs working at ski schools. I got a good one traveling the country not a bad gig if you ask me. They usually do not pay but give you, a bed,food, and skiing. Horton's nephew got a good gig this summer too in Italy.

You can't make money off a website thats just ridiculous, Just like trying to make money with iPhone apps It just does not work. Trust me. I know.

• Baller

Time to hijack a thread real quick

@livetoski not to pick on you are anything buy your new here right? So first off WELCOME to BOS!

Yeah yeah yeah but I doubt you friend makes them for a niche market like 3 event skiing? He charged for the design and the time it took to create to the company he did it for. He charged for the app in the app store also. Not to mention the iAd account was his as well. He even charged the company for the hassle to deal with apple to get the app in the store. Not to mention the updates and day to day up keep. You think hourly rates for web dev's are high try looking at mobile devs. What app did he design?

At the moment BallOfScores is donation run. The app has been out for a month. Have I made a dime? No not a single one.

Donate Link

1. I guess I should start charging for it... - downside No one would buy it

2. Get some sponsors - downside yeah next year possibly...

3. Hook iAd into it - im not crazy about having it in my apps, one more thing to deal with

4. Make all the haters happy by making an Android versions - oh just some more work for me

5. Come to the conclusion the countless hours put into it were for a hobby and nothing more. - sounds about right. @Horton will agree with me on that one

Do I have other apps in the works related to skiing?, Yes

Am I motivated to spend the time and money to publish them? thats debatable...

And now I'm off my soapbox

Thanks for reading my little rant.

MattP

• Baller
Become very popular by obtaining large trailer, fill it with many thousands of PA gear, learn to talk about skiers and most importantly know how to work an iPod, obtain a large motorhome to pull said trailer, fill the trailer with a jeep to jockey all the PA gear, then donate your time, equipment and fuel to get to tournaments across the country. Pay sucks but boy what fun. BTW don't ever complain when someone breaks any of your gear.

Live close to work, Work close to a lake, Ski on said lake every day. Same in the winter. Live close to work, Work close to Mtns. Ski said mtns almost daily. Just apply this recipe anywhere you can.

Oh ya " find a job you love and you will never work a day in your life" unknown