decisions decisions

6balls

• Baller

Finished strong last season on D3 RCX w/leverage bindings. Began spring w/Razor and Strada's and hot out of the box running 15 of my first 17 35 off passes and was really impressed. Water got warm and stunk it up. Moved bindings/fin/wing and stunk it up for 2 more weeks then punted to RCX and back to running nearly all 35's.

New published settings from Volker on Razor, tried yesterday after getting around 5 @ 38 off on the RCX prior set. Stunk it up on the Razor.

Today put the leverage bindings on the Razor...smoked 2 35's and rounded 5 @ 38. Pretty exciting. Now have a ski controversey, but no binding controversey...no Strada's for me! I was way back on the ski in the Strada's, and right over the ski on the Leverage bindings.

Feel like Horton w/5 @ 38 on two skis in two days (only way less hair).

On a related note, Razor1's son skied a set on my Razor (normally Elite)...looked great at 36 mph thru 28 off on the Strada's. He was way quicker thru the wakes on the Razor and onside turns were amazing.

• Baller

If it had gone poorly on the Razor w/the leverage bindings, that would have been the plan. I'm going to ride the Razor/leverage combo for another bunch of sets. Felt like there may be big potential in that combo, along w/the new settings from Volker. If not I know the D3 works.

Also going to order spare leverage before they decide to quit making them. Need a new bag, too.

• Supporting Member
Hopefully it provides a little comfort that folks who have gone from Leverage to T-factors seemed to really like them. So far, after only that one set in dark/backwash, I'm in that camp as well. I think I can feel some real advantages to the T-factors. Fingers crossed that turns out to be true!

• Baller
No more ski controversy, Than. Ran another 5 @ 38 tonight on another site behind another boat on the Razor. Felt in control and can't believe I blew it. Actually feels like 38 could be run regularly on the Razor for me with the current set-up. Pretty exciting. The D3 at 38 I really have to be "on" all the way down course. The Razor is so quick that I can make small errors at that length and still find myself early at the next ball. The monster error at 5 ball...not so much. Amazing how much difference different bindings made on same ski.

• Baller
I ordered up another leverage given recent success (another 5@ 38 tonight...4 sets in a row). Worried they may d/c them in favor of T-factors...which may be good too but can't take chances right now! I've run 38 now and again in the past, but never been consistent deep 38...usually 3 balls. The Razor is rockin'. Can't believe I keep screwing up 5 ball when smoking the pass...it's in my head. I get too excited thinking I'm killing it and then blow it (isn't that a story we all understand when running our toughest pass)?

• Supporting Member

The phrase "5 ball monster" seems to have fallen out of favor a bit. But he's still there...

Fwiw, I'd be pretty surprised if they discontinued the Leverages any time soon. When I was talking with Denny Kidder, he must have mentioned at least 3 times that "we're still selling a ton of these" (referring to the Leverages).