Too much angle out of the ball.

Tuney

I am generally a free skier but I get into the course a few times a year. This year I was skiing with a guy that said I was at my max angle coming out of the ball then getting pulled out of position behind the boat which was preventing me from getting wide. He said I should be building angle and be at max angle in the wash. I always thought you built your angle in the turn then just try and maintain it into the wakes.

Assuming he is right, how do you come out of your with less angle so you can focus on building this angle at the wash?

• Supporting Member

I would agree that he is "generally correct."  But this is a complicated topic, and most likely there are more fundamental issues underlying your problem, relating to body position at least as much as what you're trying to do when.

Any chance of some video to enable more directed advice?

In the absense of that, my best general advice would be:  Make sure you "ski" back to the rope handle.

If you slam the end of a turn, you'll lose all of your speed, setting you up to get fiercely yanked when the boat starts pulling you again.  Instead you want to carry your speed right around the turn and back to the rope handle.  Before you even put your hand back on, you should be on your way to the next ball and into your stacked position.  Then when the boat re-enganges you, you are already further along the desired path, and the pressure from the rope just adds to what you already started.

• Baller

I agree with

Than & Shaneh. Another thing that might help you is, try to make the

turn longer, think of it as you are turning all the way in to the first spray

and then only load from there to 2 wake.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Tsixam

Thanks for the advice guys, the wind is howling pretty good right now but I'll try and get out and ski this evening for some video. I am sure there are several fundamental problems with my technique and I know how much working only one of them out can help... the last time I posted a ski video here I ended up with a new ski and a new boat  - try and keep it cheaper for me this time haha.