Not going to throw away my Elite - Update

kpickett

• Baller

Thanks, those of you who gave advice on my last frustrated post. A quick update:

I set the fin to the numbers Shane gave me - 2.496, 6.837, and dft of .770, with the wing around 8.5, and moved my bindings back one hole. (This is for the 65.5 - 34 mph, weigh 150.)

Mostly, I've been working on keeping my hips shifted forward to center my weight on the ski. I've been working really, really hard at keeping the handle in out to the buoy line and changing edges early. The phrase "decouple the edge change from the reach" has been in my head constantly.

It's definitely been helping. Today I ran the prettiest, easiest 32 I've ever skied. It felt like an easy 28.

I'm still working on the gate turn-in. The ski just wants to stay up on the glide, and my partners tell me I'm still rotating the shoulders to get the ski to turn in. I'm not getting nearly as much slack at one ball, but I'm still not getting the gate/1 that I did on the Prophesy.

I am much happier on the ski, though. Thanks for the help. I didn't video today, but I'll try to take some this weekend.

Kyle

• Baller
Good to hear. Surprisingly enough, I arrived at virtually the same fin settings on my 67.5" Elite after starting with set of numbers that were pretty close. That makes me feel better to learn many others are running the numbers in the same neighborhood.