Elite Add on Fin Adjuster

skibug

• Baller
Ok, I rode a demo Elite back in July and liked it enough to get one; but, they weren't making any new ones until the end of August. I finally got the new one this last Monday. So long story short, for all you Elite riders out there; you know what a PITA it is to adjust the fin block, right? Well, I solved two out of three adjustments; which in turn should make the 3rd easy as long as you can set the other two. I designed and made an "add on" adjuster for the "TIP" and "DEPTH" adjustments. Now all you need to do is worry about the DFT. I have the design. I am not selling or producing them; but, I am willing to share the design with any other Elite riders out there. Any local machine shop could probably knock out a bunch of these cheap; especially if they have a wire EDM machine. All the holes in the part can be done, at home, carefully in a vise with a hand drill. The only modification to the fin block is (4) #8-32 UNC threaded holes in the side stock of the block. The pics I have attached do not show the mounting bolts as I have not drilled and tapped them yet. The adapter is actually flush with the top of the ski when the fin block is re-inserted. The hole in the top of the "add on" adjuster is for a #8-32 UNC set screw.

• Baller
@skibug thats a great idea/fix you have there. I measured my fin last night and its a little out of whack from where I want it to be so... time to work on it for a while to get it in the right spot. Those adjusters would save a ton of time!