Vote for ZO mods?

skibug

• Baller

Instead of another setting (rumor of "D"); what about a + or - for inbetween settings? I currently run B3 after skiing C2 for a while. I switched early this year because C2 was on me too early. B2, while picking me up later, didn't give me enough support out of the buoy so I have to compensate with the (3) setting.

I really think I would like a B2 "+" or a C2 "-" where the "+" and "-" would adjust / shift the position of the letter pick up point.

Anyone else have an opinion?

• Administrators

If is really better for the skiers I am for it but do not think it is needed.

What I want to see is a way to make any setting A2 or C1 feel the same between boat brands and motors. I understand that is a big request but it would be nice. Currently I run B2 for CP and Boo. C2 for CC and MC. What do I do when a 6 liter shows up? No idea.

• Administrators

If is really better for the skiers I am for it but do not think it is needed.

What I want to see is a way to make any setting A2 or C1 feel the same between boat brands and motors. I understand that is a big request but it would be nice. Currently I run B2 for CP and Boo. C2 for CC and MC. What do I do when a 6 liter shows up? No idea.

• Baller
At what point are we giving the skier too many options? In my opinion, the typical tournament skier would be better off with less options as opposed to more. Admittedly I am just a class C hack, but the current system has 9 variables. +/- would make it 27.

• Baller
At what point are we giving the skier too many options? In my opinion, the typical tournament skier would be better off with less options as opposed to more. Admittedly I am just a class C hack, but the current system has 9 variables. +/- would make it 27.

• Supporting Member

As a software developer myself, I can tell you that user parameters are very often the result of not quite solving the problem. The ideal software just does the right thing. Slightly less than ideal software can do the right thing with some strong hints from the user.

I think any software engineer's goal is ultimately to remove parameters except those that directly relate to something in the real world. If you have to enter how far apart the buoys are, that's totally fine: that can be measured. But "hacky" parameters like A/B/C and 1/2/3 are generally undesirable, and I strongly suspect the engineers at ZO feel the same way.

The problem is, they can't get a good pull for everybody without them -- YET.

So I strongly hope that the future, eventually, is for the control system to react correctly to whatever actually happens to it, and to have fewer or preferably no parameters.

BUT, in the shorter term, I'm not completely opposed to something halfway between B and C. I probably would use it, actually. Conceptually, I think C is the "best" pull, but I don't find it forgiving enough if I do something goofy at the end of the turn. So I ski B. B+ would definitely be worth a try.

• Supporting Member

As a software developer myself, I can tell you that user parameters are very often the result of not quite solving the problem. The ideal software just does the right thing. Slightly less than ideal software can do the right thing with some strong hints from the user.

I think any software engineer's goal is ultimately to remove parameters except those that directly relate to something in the real world. If you have to enter how far apart the buoys are, that's totally fine: that can be measured. But "hacky" parameters like A/B/C and 1/2/3 are generally undesirable, and I strongly suspect the engineers at ZO feel the same way.

The problem is, they can't get a good pull for everybody without them -- YET.

So I strongly hope that the future, eventually, is for the control system to react correctly to whatever actually happens to it, and to have fewer or preferably no parameters.

BUT, in the shorter term, I'm not completely opposed to something halfway between B and C. I probably would use it, actually. Conceptually, I think C is the "best" pull, but I don't find it forgiving enough if I do something goofy at the end of the turn. So I ski B. B+ would definitely be worth a try.

• Baller
If "D" is really like PP, I bet a lot of skiers will use it. The problem (for me) with ZO is that (with any setting) if you hit the boat, it hits you back. Then, it's difficult, if not impossible to calm it down...... If "D" setting can smoothen that up, It will be a better pull (for me).

• Baller
If "D" is really like PP, I bet a lot of skiers will use it. The problem (for me) with ZO is that (with any setting) if you hit the boat, it hits you back. Then, it's difficult, if not impossible to calm it down...... If "D" setting can smoothen that up, It will be a better pull (for me).