Who or what is "Horton"

BoMo

• Baller
JTH is an extremely annoying ball of hair who I roomed with my last year of college at NLU (ULM) who later loaned me an A2 which I was unable to return but he allowed me to replace it with minimally hurt feelings but still bitches about it incessantly and appears to be some sort of ski hording cat lady with a really hot wife who thinks he is the greatest...there is someone for everyone...who was the first person to ever make a balsa wood airfoil on top of perfectly good jump skis that exploded upon impact with the wake, who had a carbon fin vision that morphed into a website...I don't understand how...he forgets to close tailgates and loses skis...he can run 6 back to back 35 offs but rarely runs 38 and loves every single ski he has ever ridden, including the Vogue he gave me. He snorts wine out his nose while watching video of crashes and his wife asks Skidawg if he needs a nipple on his scotch glass.

This question - asked so often - suggests that there is actually a plausible answer. Almost as if his being were a fixed thing. People who ask this sort of question are typically struggling with their identity and are searching for a core sense of themselves. The irony is that the more you seek to identify who is Horton, the more fragile you are likely to feel about yourself. There may be an inverse correlation between the question being asked and the ease with which you experience your life. The emphasis shouldn't be on discovering who is Horton (what is buried beneath) but on facilitating the emergence of who you'd like to be.

At the other end of the identity continuum are those who claim to know him so well. This other extreme also signifies a fragility about one's identity. It makes perfect sense to seek a deeper sense of Horton. To become intimately aware of his thoughts, feelings, hopes and fears. To know him so well leaves no room for growth. Even more, it suggests a deep vulnerability that is being defended against - as if it were too dangerous to take a closer look.

The universe purportedly exists in a state of flowing potential. And it is essential to understand that he is indeed part of that universe. The goal then is to access his potential, keeping the parts that continue to serve us well and shedding the old. This process is known as positive disintegration. This permits us to find balance between Horton and enter into a relationship with him that commits to our personal evolution.

"Original Baller"! Long skiing history even though he retired from jumping at an early age. Long line of skiers in his family. Hot wife. Magnitude of hair. Right. (MS is wrong), entertaining, A real trooper for putting up with all of us. We know where he skis and who he is!

• Baller

When I hear Horton, I think of Dr. Jack and the incredible pioneering he did for the sport. When Kirk hears Horton, he thinks of Ellie (and Taylor and Katie too) and the skiing talent in that family.

It's pretty cool to have that kind of pedigree - and live up to it. Congratulations John.

Eric

And the winner is.......... Well first off, Hair Ball Horton, is a good coach.....when his "Sammy Haggar Hair" is ties back. All the the commenst were great.

And the winner (winner, winner chicken dinner) is DIRT! Please send me an email so I can mail you your $25.00 Starbucks card to bob@morrisontelecom.com.

I will be posting another raffel soon. Stay tuned

• Baller

Bob, thanks for the contest and Starbucks card. It was fun and it gave everyone a chance to talk about how annoying the ball of hair is/was/will continue to be.

P.S. not sure about his coaching...seems to spout off non-sense.