Possible change to the way the forum looks

Horton

• Baller_
Sorry , but hate it. I like the free flow of different ideas topics discussions popping up. Categorizing them makes it look like all the other forums (skiing or other wise) out there. I think it's a way to keep things organized yes but it just seems...well, like all the others. An improvement I could see work for organization would be a highly accurate and functional search engine within the forum allowing user to easily find what they are looking for. Keep it a free flow of ideas popping up. My 2 cents. Probably worth less though.

• Administrators
I agree. Just looking at options. As the site keeps getting bigger I need to find a way to keep it under control and readable. Not sure, just want to stay ahead of the curve. Traffic is growing at a rate that scares me.

• Baller_
If it has to go the way of the buckets, I like Sully's idea of being able to click on a button and basically see the old format of the latest posts. My guess is that button will be pushed A LOT. That may be complicated and if so....old style. Still think it needs a kicken in house search engine.

• Baller
I like the existing system but would like to be able to navigate directly to any new comments that have been posted to a thread I have previously looked at. In other words each thread would have a link I could click on that would take you directly to comments I haven't seen.

For threads that have multiple pages, it would be nice have a way to skip to 'next' page at the top of the thread instead of having to scroll all the way down to bottom of page to click to a subsequent page.

Likewise, would there be a way to put a 'Top of Page' button at the bottom of each page of comments instead of having to scroll back up.