This weeks poll. More important to get light or strong

Horton

• Supporting Member
I think the addiction definitely comes on slowly, mainly because at first it just seems completely impossible. Even for me, learning it as a kid (30+ years ago), I didn't find it all that compelling at first. Kept wondering why my dad and uncle thought this was so much fun. But slowly I got a little better at it. Then there's kind of a cutoff point where there's no turning back! Once you start to get the feeling of doing SOME of it "just right," you really want to do ALL of it "just right"!

• Baller
For me it is all about lighter. I am 6'2 190lbs. I use to be 200-210 and I was not improving. Dropped 15 lbs. to 185 and I started to see improvement. I walked around at the Pro Tour in Katy this year thinking I was pretty thin at 185 lbs. When I looked at my pictures, I realized how thin the pro skiers were both Open Men and Masters Men. They are all thin and in shape. I decided right then that I will get to 175 lbs. for next season come hell or high water. I also think if you are light your reflexes are quicker and your agility improves.

• Baller
As per what I see, in general we over 35 skiers are pretty strong. Out of my skiing buddies here that can run into 32 off or more, 1 is very light and would benefit in getting stronger, the rest (including me) could always get stronger but would benefit far more by shaving a few pounds.