Hydrogen Peroxide

Nick Sullivan

• Administrators
Worst thing I ever saw.... guy thought he had water in his ear. Really he had broken his ear drum and did not know it. I poured vodka in there.... I guess it hurt really really really bad

• Baller
I use earplugs for this very reason. Busted my ear drum 3 times (twice skiing a third doing something stupid). The first time I put in rubbing alcohol thinking it was swimmers ear. I remember crawling around like a mad man on all fours in pain trying to shake it out. It felt like someone stabbing my ear drum with an ice pick. So yes Horton it hurt really really really bad

• Baller

I come out of the water like a parachute, and usually end up taking a gallon up my nose. Yes I breath out, but still get water up somehow. Leads to sinus infections sometimes.

Wondering if H2O2 could be used as a sort of nasal inhaler to kill the germs after skiing???

• Baller

AB. Had that water-up-the-nose problem from the time I began serious skiing, started wearing a nose plug when I get up to fix it. Pull it off my nose as part of the pre pullout ritual (remove plug from nose, pull board short legs down, brush water from eyes, etc). People quit making fun of me (for the nose plug anyway) a long time ago. You can see it around my neck pretty clearly in this 7 year old photo. Good example of poor form too...

Ed

• Baller
I have been battling ear infections all my life. I always wear Mack's Ear Plugs when I ski. I sometimes wear a nose clip too. It has saved me alot of problems. I use a nasal spray called 4 Way. It really opens up the sinuses on a bad day. If you get an ear infection get to your doctor. It has happened to me many times. I usually end up on antibiotics for a week or two. The earplugs really help. It has been several years since I have had an infection.