any advice on optimizing wake on a 2007 SN206

davemac

• Baller

My buddy is tired of his boat being "the last one chosen" in our rotation... but the wake just doesn't compare to the other choices. Any suggestions on how, if even possible, to enhance the slalom wakes on this boat? It has Excaliber engine, Acme 422, and has the Flight Control Tower. Obviously removing the tower and cans would be step 1...but not sure how much help this will give. Adding 50#s of sand in the bow seemed to have a negative effect.

TIA.

• Baller_
A good place to start is weight. Remove as much as possible to improve the slalom wake, particularly at the rear. This can cost money, but does provide good results. One of the posters here made a lightweight platform and was very happy with the results, material used was carbon fiber. So, removing as much "stuff" in the aft of the boat will reduce wake size; seat, low fuel level, any hardware such as showers, pumps, etc. Going a little farther, you can replace several of the cast iron engine components with aluminum, the easy ones are intake and exhaust manifolds, cylinder heads, water pump. Other changes can include hull modifications such as more hook at the transom, perhaps more chine and less deadrise. A different prop will also change wake characteristics, so you might want to try some different options.

• Baller_

One of my ski partners has the same setup. I don't ski any longer than 28 off with this boat but from their shorter it is as good as a 196.

Taking off the Tower would be a big step in helping out with not only the wake but also economy fuel wise. The boat runs a 428 OJ 4 blade. It May help with the rooster tail on this boat but I don't have any scientific proof, Just seat of the pants evaluation between it and the stock prop.

We also always run with a tight bow cover over the open bow. This 206 is primarily used as a family ski boat however it has a little Florida Inboards tournament set up!

By the way this 206 is for sale with less than 200 hours. It is on Evil pay as we read.

Ebay Item # 220904110395