No stinking ski partner

rodltg2

Napping I did not consider. Look. The boat isnt going that fast I think any conscious person can move out of the way.

I teach six year old kids and its my job to tell them not to run. They are indoors all day. How are are they not supposed to run? When the do fall, get hurt and cry I dont chastise them, you wont believe how much that doesnt work. I just give them a blank stare and ask them if they were running. I had one kid climbing the bookshelf months ago. I HAVE to tell him to get down, but these kids do shit so fast in seconds another kid copies it and falls off and cries. I dont comfort him and ask him if he climbed the bookshelf--he hasnt done it since.

These are grown men doing stupid things and you cant prevent people from doing stupid things in general. After 20+ years of medical knowledge on cigarettes people still smoke them and start. Im sure some of you out there have done dumb shit too. In terms of the number of the potential for people to get hurt I dont think its that bad. I dont think the boat would charge out of the water. Hell it probably wouldnt get more than 6 ft on shore. If some guy falls and his boat plows into shore I'll be in line like everyone else to laugh, but I wont chastise him.

Even if these guys destroyed the video evidence it would be pretty hard to explain why there's a mastercraft on shore and one person in the middle of the lake with his board.

• Baller

When you look back at some of the tragic accidents over the past years, which have resulted in needless deaths, and when we are trying to keep waterskiing alive, with so many killjoys trying to prevent waterskiing on so much of the water available, do we really need idiots like this, ruining the reputation, of thoughtful, responsible and safe, boat owners the world over, as far as I am concerned they should lock him up and throw away the key.

John I am not sure that the post by Taelan 28 is appropriate for your website, we all have our moments, when we, speak before we think, and sometime use somewhat colourful language, but to see it in print on a respected website, is not nice.

• Baller_

Tealan28 If your teaching 6 yr olds than you know (or should know) that if you are recognizing the kids that are doing what they are supposed to be doing where the others can clearly see you doing so, the rest will want (crave) the same positive attention/reenforcement and fallow that positive behavior limiting poor impulsive judgement drastically. You are correct in giving little to no attention to poor behavior to a degree. But, they are 6. There is no comparison to these adults. Telling an adult they are an idiot and chastising them can actually make a difference. Hint

JTH .... bad language yes not good thanks. Male stripper videos... worse .. I can never watch a Looney Toons clip of Chip and Dale ever again. Hope no one posts Buggs Bunny.

• Baller

Now I have seen it all, until the next idiot comes up with something even more stupid.

I only hope these guys were wearing one long safety switch, but we all know they weren't.

Is now a good time to admit that I have had dreams where I have skied with no driver and somehow it all worked out? Maybe that is for the "You know you are addicted when" thread.

• Baller

That boat is not going slow. Maybe slower than slalom speed, but MUCH faster than anyone swimming, or a normal sailboat with moderate wind.

I found the Down syndrome comment particularly disturbing and inappropriate.

• Baller_
@rayn..... I thought I was the only one who had that dream. I'm not kidding only in mine I manage to self propel the ski around. No boat. But there is a rope heading straight to where the boat should be. So is that considered a wet dream ???? Addicted as charged.

• Baller

Let's see, this is the type of activity that leads to lawmakers ruining everyone else's fun.

Of course you can't legislate against stupidity, but they will say you need a driver, and then define the acceptable driver, and while at it, throw in an observer if not already legislated, and then limit horsepower or soeed limits for single drivers, because if a single driver passes out..... This type of stuff only leads to more restrictions on everyone else who would never attempt such a ridiculous stunt.

• Administrators

I missed the Downs comment. That is not acceptabe. This is a generally family friendly forum... instead of getting grumpy about this I am going to just shut down this thread.

@Taelan28 you are new here ... this thread should give you a good feel of the tone around there.