Year In Review

Horton

• Administrators

I am in the middle of writing my Year in Review

(total B.S. lie - Krista is working on it now)

What do you guys thing are the biggest stories of 2011?

• Gold Member

Did I happen to mention that I ran -38 in a tournament? :-)

On a more serious note, Regina's world record is obviously a big one.

Probably some mention of the increase in ski companies and broader selection of top-notch skis would be in order.

BallOfSpray crossed 3M visits!

Traci Baylon left USA Waterski.

The awful conditions at Nationals on certain days was a "big story" at the time.

• Baller

Nate.

Regina.

First year of the Carbon Pro.

Electric Nautique.

Growth of BOS.

Excitement for the ZO emulator.

As for pics, I agree w/AB on Krista and also Breanne...that photo in swimwear only at full extension heading to the ball was really great.

• Baller

Open Men: Nate

Open Women: Whitney joined Regina and Karina in the 41 off club and all three went into 41 at least once this year. (Yes, I know the club was started by Kristi; talking active Open Women here)

Big Dawg: A new bar was set at the Okeeheelee finals with a pass into 41 and another of deep 39 required to reach the sweet 16 (previously 2.5 or 3 at 39 twice would get you there).

• Baller
Breaking the 2k mark for GOODE. That price will only incease is the sad part. Team RadaR doing amazing. The new Txi (not sure if that would count since it didnt come out until most peoples season was over). Nate Smith, just anything to do with Nate. Larkin winning back to back moombas and Whitney winning worlds

• Baller

How about:

The first ever YouTube tournament water ski video to go over 150,000 viewers (Kyle Dammeyer - featured on ESPN's Sportscenter and Around the Horn, Big 12 Network and soon on TruTV) ?

Tim Bradstreet - last jump heroics at the World U-21 Championships to win Overall and undisputed best jumper in the world at 1.65m ramp height?

Natallia Berdnikava - world jump record, three golds at the World's?

Jacinta Carroll - coming through with several pro jumping wins this season?

Stephen Critchley - all or nothing on his last jump at the European Championships, and coming through with an impressive win?

Adam Sedlmajer - well-deserved overall-double gold at the World's and European's, and taking down two slalom giants to win the Europeans in Slalom?

Ryan Green - all but forgotten about among the World's elite skiers, achieving a dream overall podium finish at the World's?

Rodrigo Miranda - first ever World Open Championships medal for Chile, in the Men's jump?

Delfi Cuglievan - first ever World Championship Gold for Peru in the World U-21 Women's slalom championship?

Clem Lucine - first women over 10k in tricks?

Regina Jaquess - new World Record in Slalom, further down 41' off?

That's just a few I can come up with at the top of my head - I might have more....

Tony Lightfoot

• Administrators

@Wish you better darn read the darn Year in Review(s) on the Home page.

If you know how long it took to write.... you would laugh at me...