Still skiing? Here's my course ready to go...

skihart

• Baller

With all this talk about still being on the water in January I was feeling a little on the wussy side, so I took a few pics on Sunday to make myself feel a bit tougher.

Just imagine yourself pulling out at the 55's where the two people are............

• Baller

OMG, I feel so spoiled. 85 degrees here (California), 58 water and I was complaining that the water was cold.

After watching Richard Doanne's 80 rule, I'm definately a wus. I can't even touch a "100" rule...

Good Job, Richard. You guys are inspirational!

• Baller

WOW! That's brave man....that ice doesn't look thick....

Awesome pic. I have a pipe dream of putting on my hockey gear and having someone pull me through that exact course with my snowmobile....I think I could run 15@22mph no problem on skates!

• Baller
You should get a crew together and play hockey! Perfect conditions for hockey! If you don't have padding, use a soft rubber floor/street puck. A regular puck hurts like hell in the cold if you don't have padding. Use a bucket, or 2x4 block of wood as a goal. If you use the block of wood as a goal, the puck has to hit the wood to count as a score. It is harder than you think. I would get a pair of speed skates and do laps around the whole lake. What state is the lake located?

• Baller

I hope your slalom course survives when the ice starts to melt. If the ice breaks away from shore and moves around it could make a mess out of your slalom course. I submerge ours in PA at the end of october. The lake I ski on is 2 1/2 miles long and a half mile wide.

• Baller_
@Gaj004, the rubber tubes just snap if there is any ice dragging it. The buoys are the first to have open water around them and when the ice moves around, they move under the flow. We usually have to replace about 5-6 cords in the spring. It is nice because we dont have to spend a lot of time finding our subs and we can get right into skiing when the ice goes out. The subs are connected to the bottom of the lake, not a wire course.