Slalom set on your own (with a boat!)

OSSKI

• Supporting Member

Curious if anyone is suffering from the same mental disorder that I have:

Several times over the last 20 years, I have had a dream where I am doing slalom runs while also controlling the boat. Since this doesn't really make any sense, the dream just conveniently ignores various parameters of reality. Sometimes I am "actively" steering the boat by timing my pulls in certain ways, and other times the boat just magically goes straight somehow.

And yet over the cloud of non-reality, I am subtly aware that I am doing something dangerous and/or impossible, but am somehow convinced that I've done this many times before so I must just be worrying for no reason.

Human brains are strange places. Or at least mine is!!

• Baller

Than,

Your in good company here. You have to be crazy to spend mega thousands on a 20' boat, just to run up and down an average little 2000' lake that cost more mega thousands to build, just to go a round six little orange balls on a carbon fiber stick that you spent over a thousand on, and keep doing this over and over.

Also Than, I have had the same dream as you and it seems totally normal, which means I'm crazy also.

• Baller_
Insane loves company -- Yep, similar deam but no boat. Propel myself to course where I end up with a rope tied to nothing but get pulled through course anyway. it's a reaccuring dream as well. Location and most details are the same. Maybe that should be the next pole question. - do you have ski dreams Yes or No.

• Supporting Member

Another random fact: In every case that I can remember, this dream takes place on the course I learned on a kid, even though I haven't skied there in 15+ years, that course is no longer there, and inboards have always been effectively banned there (90hp limit).

Often, it is of further concern to me that I am going to get busted for exceeding the hp limit! (Of all the things to be concerned about...)

Can't make this stuff up!

• Baller
I've had a slalom dream like that a few times where I have it all figured out arriving super early to each buoy taking so much angle and nobody driving the boat. It is a lot of fun until my nerdy conscious mind starts peeking in and whispering that it's not really that easy and boats don't operate themselves. Usually make it one or two more passes before I finish a pass or fall and instead of skiing again reality sets in as I watch the boat run up on the shore at the end of the lake...