Water Ski Magazine...Do you get it?

Onside135

• Baller
Started again a few years back. I like Horton's point if supporting it considering our passion for the sport. Sounds better than looking at the pictures. My favorite part of it right now is the excitement my daughters get from see women skiing! Working hard to groom them at a young age after failing with my wife!

• Baller
@Dacon62, I've been a fan of Top Gear for years, and I have to agree. I'm not a car guy at all, but I watch a car show. Can't remember which one, but it think it was Toyota that refused to submit any more cars for review after Top Gear gave one a really bad review. So they took one for a test drive from a local dealer and reviewed it (poorly) anyways. That certainly is a model for all mags to follow, but it takes some serious stones to do so.

• Baller
I had it from around '82 until a few years ago. At the time when my last subcription was up, I sent in the renewal notice, but never received any mags, only a notice to pay. I told them I'd gladly pay if they would only send me the issues they were trying to charge me for. They didn't, and even had a collection agency come after me! Needless to say, I'll NEVER pay, or have, that rag in my home ever again.

• Baller
I've been a subscriber since I was capable of paying my own way in the world, and I'm glad that I am. I've watched it ebb and flow through various levels of thickness, various editors, and various watersport flavors of the month. The political correctness is as transparent as the boat reviews, and I completely understand the dilemma. Despite all of that, ai still look forward to picking up that magazine once it lands in my mailbox every single time. Keep em' coming Todd!!

• Baller
I think Todd does a great job with it. There really isn't much they can say that hasn't been covered a hundred times already so it's got to be tough coming up with content. The pictures, on the other hand, are excellent providing lots of different perspectives for study.

• Baller
Does anyone recall the issue where Todd responded to a letter to the editor when someone complained about a scantily clad woman in one of the advertisements. It was a few years back, but it was hilarious. I think he may have lost that particular subscriber, but I've been a fan of his and the magazine ever since...

• Baller

Ive been a subscriber for ~20 years now.

A few years ago I wanted to do a little something for my ski crew, so I had some fun on my computer and put together a 'waterski magazine' complete with photos of them, copies of popular adverts but subbing in their pictures, and my own 'letters to the editor' section poking a bit of fun at them all!

I made each of them a cover with tag lines having a bit of fun at their expense. Then I printed them all off at a site called 'mag cloud' which lets you publish your own magazines.

Here are the covers:

• Baller
Out of the blue today, this arrived:) I renewed my sub about 6 months ago, and completely forgot it included a thermos. This made my day, after hearing we could get 10" of snow tomorrow. We should be skiing already!!

• Baller

I've been tempted to resubscribe, but I get so put off by the articles linked to the emails.

http://waterskimag.com/waterski-brand-channel/2013/02/04/5-ways-to-eliminate-slack/?LIST_ID=834652&cmpid=enewsmalibu02222013&spPodID=030&spMailingID=16511388&spUserID=NDYwMjkyODQ4MgS2&spJobID=212148000&spReportId=MjEyMTQ4MDAwS0

5 ways to eliminate slack.

1. Buy a TXi to get smaller wakes.

2. Actual Slalom Content

3. Buy a TXi to get better tracking.

4. Get ZO by buying a new boat such as a TXi

5. Get a Txi so your driver is less taxed by driving you.

That's just useless to me, I'm never in the market for a NEW boat.

Is this what the magazine's articles are doing?