Hunting.......

ctsmith

• Administrators
Other stuff is for stuff that does not really fit. For stuff way off topic please use the "(Members Only) Off Topic Chatter". I try to keep the totally public part of the site mostly about skiing. If the members want to talk about killing bambi... I do not really care.

• Baller

I live in south Alabama and have deer hunted most of my life. I got burned out on it 6 years ago at the age of 32 and started making an effort to get out west once a year. I swore I'd never sit in a tree stand again back east. I loved the endless views out west as opposed to the thick timber in the southeast. Plus I never have been one to sit still for any length of time. Out west you're mostly on your feet and back east you're mostly on your fanny. This year I've had some changes in my life and decided to get back to my roots. I planted food plots here on my home property and started chasing whitetails (deer :) ) again. We get three bucks here in Alabama. I killed one a month and a half ago and killed another today (Jan 30). The season goes out tomorrow (Jan 31). Maybe I'll fill the third tag then get my mind on skiing (or getting in better shape to ski). I've killed bigger stuff on paid hunts or leased land but those killed at the homeplace have to be the most sweet!

December 11 buck

DSC_0217.JPG

January 30 buck

DSC_0025.JPG

• Baller

some various older shots. don't get out for birds like I used to, and don't get crazy for deer. Meat is the goal not horns for me. I know I have more deer pics somewhere, just not sure where

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg9/yz125x/Up%20North/deerhunting20030001_1.jpg

Real duck hunting, divers when it is in the teens and blowing on open water!!!

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg9/yz125x/Up%20North/duckhunting20030002_2.jpg

Poor little sea duck that found itself in MN

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg9/yz125x/Up%20North/duck2.jpg

Not hunting per say but sucker spearing in the spring

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg9/yz125x/Up%20North/untitled-1.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg9/yz125x/MAy%202009/DSC00598.jpg

• Baller
Is it standard that their tongue has to hang out like that?

Like Xrated said, you have to tuck them in. I probably should have tucked it in, its just better etiquette. That said, at least its not a bloody, back of pickup truck pic!

• Baller

We had a river blind for years but when the ducks and geese thinned we saw no benefit to freezing our butts off sitting in a Blind holding our guns all day. Also hunted rabbits and pheasants, all up to about 20 years ago.

Now we just target shoot out at the lake into a built up dirt mound with handguns and rifles or shoot clay pigeons with the shotguns. Shooting pumpkins are fun too.

• Baller

We had a river blind for years but when the ducks and geese thinned we saw no benefit to freezing our butts off sitting in a Blind holding our guns all day. Also hunted rabbits and pheasants, all up to about 20 years ago.

Now we just target shoot out at the lake into a built up dirt mound with handguns and rifles or shoot clay pigeons with the shotguns. Shooting pumpkins are fun too.

• Baller

Dave, awesome and impressive! I see you're not skimping on archery equipment either. I've never hunted elk with a starvation stick but its definitely on my to do list. It'll have to wait until I can draw cause I can't swing the private land tag prices. I got lazy and quit bow hunting 10 years ago but intend to start back this fall, already rigged out a bow and started shooting (as a side note, I set my shafts up with FOB's and they have really impressed me).

Several years ago I got lucky and drew in the Gila.

CIMG1242.JPG

• Baller

Dave, awesome and impressive! I see you're not skimping on archery equipment either. I've never hunted elk with a starvation stick but its definitely on my to do list. It'll have to wait until I can draw cause I can't swing the private land tag prices. I got lazy and quit bow hunting 10 years ago but intend to start back this fall, already rigged out a bow and started shooting (as a side note, I set my shafts up with FOB's and they have really impressed me).

Several years ago I got lucky and drew in the Gila.

CIMG1242.JPG

• Baller
I really miss quail hunting. Grew up with it in Oklahoma. I think I have seen one covey and a single in 12 years of living full time in south Louisiana. Try to hunt 'em when I go back to Okla to visit the folks but there haven't been many of late.