Do Americans have no balls? (political)

jayski

• Baller

So watching the news this morning once again Obama is doing his best to squash the Keystone pipeline, and achieving this. As a Canadian and Albertan I find it hard to believe that the American population is OK with this. Really? Is everyone ok with buying Arab oil? Is everyone cluless that if America doesn't get off their ass and pass this pipeline your going to lose out? We're already headed fast into pipelining it to the west coast to send to Japan and the rest of Asia. Jobs created form this, yep, boost the economy, yep...

Someone help me out, are the majority of Americans really against this?

• Baller
Come on, you guys know he's going to approve it this Fall, just on time for the election. It's all political BS. I'm in MT surrounded by tree huggers and I don't know anyone against it, though I don't hang with the greenies.

• Baller

understood; just wanted to clarify that...

if that company just followed the rules (and they can still do so) they're already have a permit; as it stands they've even said any permitting would be premature as they're not even ready to move forward; likewise all these folks that are pro-small government (and thus federalist states rights folks) now stand against certain states that have not provided permitting...

little lost here

• Baller

Thank you MS! Innovation is the key at this point in our future; first big oil was against min. mileage requirements, now they're against alternate forms of energy while at the same time getting subsidies from us...

• Baller
Besides endangering the environment, sending the oil overseas, possibly increasing the cost of gas while prolonging our addiction to fossil fuels, I don't know why anybody would be against it either.