Where is Scoke

The_MS

• Baller_
Has anyone seen him lately? The board has been pretty quite without him posting. Has anyone check the abandoned vans in the lot at Oke? Rumor has it that the black and orange cracked and he is going to get back on the horse.

• Baller

Actually called Scoke earlier. He said he's been real busy with his new job and skiing a little bit. He said 34 mph was completely different and he is running longer rope learning how to ski again vs. 36.

@Horton, girlfriend is one word and she is hot.

• Baller
Scoke and I watched each other's 2nd set tonight so he's still kicking out there. I don't know what happens when the rope gets really short, but he ran like 4 35s in a row that looked very very good to me...

• Baller

Thanks for all the kind words, you guys are purty funny that's for sure.

So I've had a few changes in my life with moving 1200miles, buying a new house, full blown career change and the biggest-dropping from 36 to 34.2.

It's unreal what a difference 34 is compared to 36. For the last 10 years it's been an education at 36; at the end I was close to getting a handle on things but flat ran out of time, such is life.

Now at 34, it's a complete start over. So far I'm 3 months into it re-learning how to ski. After between 1500-2000 sets and over 50,000 buoys, i am just at baby steps at 34.2. That's the thing that keeps me going is being 3 months in vs. being at the end of a 10 year experience. So no, I don't really cut the rope, just learning how to swing the club and don't really get caught up in buoy count. Maybe one day I'll run some buoys, we'll see.

Besides relearning how to ski, my life has been revamped.

Everyday I strive to be a better person, better working professional and a better skier. Every set I come out of the water a better skier no matter what. It's been fun but i've been blessed to have a few people around me supporting me, having patience with me and faith in me.

All I can do is learn, grow as a person and help others. If I don't do those things, it feels like failure or being guilty taking for granted what blessings we have in life.

• Baller
Shelby, whatever happened to "revamp" your life, it has apparently been a positive experience. I applaud you for the comments you made that reinforce the fact that you look at life with the half (or more) full glass concept.

• Administrators

I was expecting a story more like Cast Away.

Scoke is Tom Hanks.

Ann is the blond chick with the huge boobs.

Wilson is played by a buoy named "Overtons"

• Baller

Good to see you post, @Scoke. I found same thing going from 36 to 34. I and those around me expected that I would instantly kick butt in M3 due to the "easier" speed. Not so. I will be 5 years into M3 next year and only last season did I start to intellectually scratch the surface (mostly due to Razor1 and this forum) rather than relying on physicality.

There's a lot of respect for your skiing among ballers, and I think many expected an easy jump to serious short line for you immediately upon going 34. You were a better 36 mph skier than I ever was, and I'm sure through the approach you described there will be big things for you eventually at 34.

Hope to run into you again...perhaps fall skiwatch?