Bad elbows - best ski?

TRST

I have struggled with tendonitis in both elbows in the past few seasons. After a winters rest I am pain free and would like to stay there. My question is, are there skis that make it easier to protect my elbows than others? ie "lighter on the line" such as the S2 or other "low resistance" skis? Skis to avoid? I have already switched to a radius handle and radar lock gloves. I am a 35-38 off 34mph skier, 6'1" 200lbs.

• Baller
@ TRST I tend to move around a lot on a ski. Elite was pretty sensitive and the deceleration followed by the hard acceleration was hell on my elbows. The Fish doesn't seem to care what I do. It just turns and keeps moving. It is also a little bit longer @ 68" than the Elite so surface area might also be a factor too.

• Baller
The answer to all your ski pain, Bikram Yoga. If you don't have the time for a full 90 minute Bikram class try this posture. Yes it will be painful, very painful to start. Lie face down, your arms under your body palms down. (This is very important and may seem impossible especially to a skier with inflamed tendons) Try to bring your elbows as close together as possible, touch your pinky fingers together under your torso. All you have to lose is your pain. The pain you create in the posture will allow you to ski pain free, good trade off in my mind! If you decide to add the leg raise you will also stregthen your lower back & glutes. Keep your legs together, your knees to together,your feet, heals & toes together. Do this dailey, not once or twice a week. hold the pose for 30-60 seconds to start. Good Luck, you now have a challenge that will provide you with a pain free solution!

• Baller

I never had elbow issues until I rode the Prophecy. Loved that ski, but it was tempramental and hard on the arms. All of the D3's I have ridden were easy on the elbows. +1 on hating to agree with MS about the Elite, but my back and elbow suffered on it. My 9900SL was fairly easy last year re: the elbow.

Handle diameter does make a difference, but relaxing the arms is key. A ski that hooks up in a controlled fashion makes it much easier to remain relaxed and not overload the tendon origin.

• Baller

Bikram Yoga will will help you from being damaged by "hits" I have found through better body control I don't take "hits" and can run 38' consistently, so I guess that's what it does, but it only works if you do it. I have experienced inflamed tendons in my elbow, however since doing the posture I no longer have pain in my elbows. You are only as strong as the weakest link, this kind of yoga will strengthen the weakest links.

• Baller_
This is a little out there but it works. I fidded a run of rubber tubing inside the bridle of the handle where it would fit. This expands the rope and when the rope gets tight under load it compresses the rubber tubing and acts like a shock obsorber. I was skeptical when it was recommended to be by a deap shoreline skier. So far I've found it works very well.