First time ever through the buoys................ : )

SDNAH2OSKIER

I am sooooo sore I can barely type. Just a quick note to say that I have been infinitely humbled but have clearly found the path to higher learning.

I am 200lbs on a 2011 68 Connelly V 15 off and 31mph. On my first pass I got the 1 and 2 balls and realized I needed to rethink what I was doing. I slowed down to 28 and worked on the mini course and did pretty well getting 5 balls and finding some rhythm. I came away overloaded with feedback and realizing that freeriding all this time I have given ZERO thought to what was happening to me, what I was doing mechanically, what my ski was doing.

After today I realized my V is actually a very good ski, I can go a long way on it before I jump to a faster ski. I skied harder today than I had since I was 15-16yo and realized I can still ski well and with some regular trips to the course I may regain some of my former glory.

Great day, weather here (SD) is simply fantastic, water temp is 75, air was 65 when we launched and climber to 72 while we were on the water.

I am at 15 off and 28 mph, I have taken the foil OFF of my fin, I am guessing you will tell me to put it back on. I lost it coming off of the second buoy, I was way out over the front of the ski and lost control trying to recover coming over the wake. My rear foot came out (RTP) and I did in fact plant my ass on the back end of the ski.

• Administrators

@SDNAH2OSKIER

Find some skiers that know more than you do and ski with them. That will help you faster than the smart asses here. If you seriously want to post a video of your skiing here you will get some real comments.

Upload to YouTube and then drop the embed code into a post.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

Both of my ski buddies are significantly better than me, both have been on the course many times and both have been to schools/clinics. They are both excellent free riders, smooth and consistent and all three of us were stoked to be on the course and will be going back.

@crashman thanks for the link, funny thread. The ski is working, the above pic is operator error. It turns hard and accelerates/decelerates well and the pic is a result of me decelerating through the buoy and getting pulled out over the front of the ski, i would say I finished the turn late??? The ski actually did what it was supposed to, I just didnt do my part.

@richarddoane No, I dont think that is something I will do anytime soon. I am just looking to become a better skier. If I get to a point where a tournament is part of that process I will consider. I am a free rider at heart, time will tell if the adrenaline keeps pumping on the course : ) I will say, as sore as I am, I am already itching to go back with the go-pro for some serious criticism though.

@bogboy I cant ski that slow. Anything below 28 is way to much work. The ski just plows. And the S2 is on my radar no pun intended.

@than we tried mounting it on the ski, facing forward, back, up, down and you are right, nothing much to see other than the sound of the ski cutting through the water which is cool. I can just have the spotter do hand held.

I bought the V not REALLY understanding what ski I should be on. I think it is a good ski, it is certainly enough for me right now and I am torn between working on my fundamentals on a ski that may be a better fit for me at this point in time or is it ok to leap frog to a faster more agile ski and play catch up to the ski????

• Administrators

I can run 35 off on the V. It is fine for your level. No need for a new ski until you know what you need.

http://www.ballofspray.com/2011-ski-tests/2011-ski-tests/574-connelly-v-review

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can