Buying a new stick

walleye

Wanting to buy a new Goode. There are so many options. Which model do you all feel would fit me best. I prefer to get the velcro plate with wiley rubber boots.

I am a hack riding a Goode 9800 RFF 34 mph. On a good day I run the green no chance on the blue. I pull too long into 1. I do not open up on 1-3-5 so I fling my arm back to compensate. The rest I do OK. Been on the 9800 for 6 years with HO animal boots. I really like this ski but has alot miles on it, sure it broken down some.

Thanks T

• Baller

I would try the Nano Mid. It is a great ski for 34mph guys. Why are you stuck on Goode? I would try an S2, @horton would agree with me that this a great ski, lots of people ripping on it.

Also have you thought of getting yourself into a set of hardshells? I am curious on why you want to go to a less supportive boot. Everyone can benefit from a set of stiffer boots, as long as you don't give into the horror stories of hardshells, because the vast majority have 0 issues.

Trip,

Who makes the S-2. Is it a mid ride or traditional ski. Is there several models of the S-2

I see a Nano mid, 9960 mid and fire mid. I want the best model.

I like the Goode I am riding. Figure I would stay with brand that I liked, no real reason. Hard for me to demo any skiis no dealers in KC.

Hardshells are probably over my budget and capability. Sadly saying buying ski and binders for dad has budget limitations only the kids get the good stuff

• Baller

@walleye, the S2 is an HO ski. There is only different sizes.

The Goode Fire has inserts so no need to drill. If you want the best of the Goode skis you have to go to the Nano series, but you cant have inserts must use velcro.

• Baller

I'm on a Nano Mid now. Bitchy ski, freaky sensitive to settings (for me). But... when it's good, it's sooo Goood. I keep thinking of switching but then go to Florida and it's incredible. Sucks in water under 70, OK over 70 and at 80+ it's like nothing else I've ever been on. Now water is mid 70's it's my bably agan. Been on it long enough I know how to manage it's temperment (but maybe it manages me).

If I were to do it again, 9960 Mid. I think the mid shape is great for 34. For you get a Reflex or miaminautiques plate to bolt on your bindings, great set-up with Animals. Goode inserts seem to have problems.